New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Savage 220 Shotgun  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Savage 220 Shotgun
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
Bo - the Savage Arms website indicates the rail comes with the gun.  Text below (rail was in the photos too)

Redefine slug accuracy with the refreshed Savage 220. The bolt-action platform is built like a rifle with features including the user-adjustable AccuTrigger™ system and a button-rifled, 22-inch barrel. It offers an oversized bolt handle and a tough synthetic stock. The receiver is drilled and tapped with a one-piece rail for mounting the scope of your choice, and they now feature the new AccuStock™ with AccuFit™ technology.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 04:18:02 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:13 PM »
I believe it only comes w/ certain packages. from what I see, it doesn't come w/ base models
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 01:38:06 PM »
Yari - yea that is what I'm seeing also.....but I have been burnt before on the Internet firearms sales. Checking my "supplies" last night and I do have 6 Picatinny Rails and have one for a long action Savage.....just in case!!!

I made a mistake and bought two more box magazine for my Colt-Cooper M2012 in 308. So, now I have 5 - 5 shot magazine....Daaa....and have three 5 shot magazine for my Steyr's. 5 for my Remington 700 Tactical...and a bunch for my Savage's and Cooper's....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2020, 02:53:09 PM »
bo- I don't want to be a smart 5$%#$, but what do you use all the mags for? I have one for each rifle and never needed another one.

I always wondered. just curious
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2020, 06:38:15 AM »
Yari - I know, I know....got extra two magazines for the 220 and it comes with one.....

The Savage has been put on hold for another month, got to get a Blaser R93 Stock in before proceeding with the Savage 220, maybe delayed a month maybe two, we see and I will let everybody know.....

4-6-2020
Saturday (4-4-2020) made a decision and slept well with my actions of going with the Blaser R93 for now and later this year, probably with in the next month or two get the Savage 220....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:26:08 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 09:06:49 PM »
I lied to you all, I turned around and bought a used (new to me) Savage model 220, with a Nikon Slug Hunter Scope....the personal check was put in the mailbox today and he should get it probably Saturday....I have been in communication with the original owner and have flooded him with emails asking for information on many different areas.

From cleaning it to targets and every thing in between..so it should be here after the Blaser R93 stock....will keep you guys posted....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:49 AM »
I lied to you all, I turned around and bought a used (new to me) Savage model 220, with a Nikon Slug Hunter Scope....the personal check was put in the mailbox today and he should get it probably Saturday....I have been in communication with the original owner and have flooded him with emails asking for information on many different areas.

From cleaning it to targets and every thing in between..so it should be here after the Blaser R93 stock....will keep you guys posted....

did you get stainless? i pick mine up tomorrow
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 05:50:27 PM »
Yari - No, its the standard blued....but for the price, it was hard to turn down especially since it came with a Nikon Slug Hunter on it.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »
Yari - No, its the standard blued....but for the price, it was hard to turn down especially since it came with a Nikon Slug Hunter on it.....

send a pic when it arrives
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 07:15:08 AM »
Yari - Hear are two pictures from Gunbroker......as you can tell by the pics that it is blued style 220, but it came with the Nikon scope.....all for $500....hard to beat....especially when was only shot less than 8 times....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 10:00:39 AM »
Yari - Hear are two pictures from Gunbroker......as you can tell by the pics that it is blued style 220, but it came with the Nikon scope.....all for $500....hard to beat....especially when was only shot less than 8 times....

nice looking gun. that is a good price. cabelas camo model is $549 on sale, but nobody can tell me what kind of scope it comes with. i will find out after lunch when i pick mine up. i'm thinking bushnell or vortex scope, not a nikon

great buy. congrats
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2020, 03:22:54 AM »
Yari - Since it was local and he took it on one hunt in Nebraska, I thought it was a good deal that I got the Nikon Slug Hunter Scope ($200 MSRP) and the rifle itself all for $500 it was a good deal.....so when it comes in will mounts a Vortex Cant Level on it (with the way it drops at 200 yards and I will never shoot 200 yards), you will need a cant level of it....and then will bore sight it and once all that is done will put it all together...the 2 extra magazine and the ammo that I already have for the Savage 220....it is time for some serious range-time !! 

It should be here late next week or Monday (May 4th) at the latest....the thing is that with Slugs you cannot reload them, I guess you can but why?? ...LOL...
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »
I saw a video of a 300 yard kill with the savage 220. I doubt I will ever get a 100 yard shot where I hunt, but will be ready out to 200 for fun
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2020, 08:48:38 PM »
Bo, you can reload slugs, but it is quite a process. A lot of different factors come into play.  Go into Castboolits.gunloads.com and spend some time browsing the section casting for shotguns.  Hogtamer, SuperBlazingSabot, and Longbow have done a whole lot of research on reloading slugs.  I have reloaded a few slugs, but did not have much success, due to the fact I was not able to get a decent roll crimp.  Since then I  purchased a Lyman mold that casts a 525 grain hollow base slug, Looks like a giant pellet from a pellet gun.  I have reloaded one of those slugs, and it looks good, with a folded crimp.  However, I have not even attempted to shoot it.That particular slug is intended to be shot through a rifled barrel, not a smoothbore.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2020, 01:40:15 PM »
Louie - I don't think I would even try, but you are right, you can reload slugs but it is a process for sure...I tried it back in my youth with the Hastings barrels for the 12 gauge loads and it was quiet the process!!

Back in my youth, use to reload for Shotgun (Mec Jr) and pistol (RCBS dies) still have the dies just in case I will ever want or need to get back into the 9mm or 357mag. I still today reload for my rifles, except for the 223 and 30-30 Win and 35 Rem...after discovering that Hornady LeveRevolution ammo, and my groups for the 30-30 and the 35 went down to an inch, I said wow....so that is the reason why I don't load for those two anymore....and the Black Hills Gold after shooting quarter size groups at 200 yards and many dime size groups at 100 yards, why should I reload them, have thousands of rounds of Black Hills...I do reload for all the other Calibers I own....

But thanks for the website....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad