New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Got out yesterday.  (Read 209 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Got out yesterday.
« on: September 22, 2019, 07:45:10 AM »
78 degrees, no wind. Just chipmunks running around my stand. Have other plans for today so it will have to wait for next Saturday. Leaves starting to turn, should be changing fast soon and down in next 30 days. I kind of like hunting when the woods are thick vs. bare of leaves
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Got out yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:51:24 AM »
it's been very hot and humid here. it's turning cooler now. i'll be out soon
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »
Just a bit easier having a little leaf cover for the movement! Leaves are dropping now and so are the acorns!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:09:34 PM by Bearclaw »
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »
The area I bowhunt is so bleeping thick that when the leaves are still on you really don't see much until the deer are very close.  The good news of course is they're less likely to see me as well, but at the shot it's easy to lose sight of them so you need to keep your ears open. I like hunting when the leaves are down simply because you can take in so much more of what's happening out there, whether it be a deer or just watching the squirrels, coons, and other critters doing their thing.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 09:53:20 AM »
Been a long week in NYC. With the UN in longer days. So, I slept in this morning in spite of my plans , and alarm clock, to get out by 5:30 am.

Mosquitoes and no see ums out in froce as we had a brief shower overnight and everything is damp this morning. Feeders are full.

Home showing at 1PM to a guy from the PD. If this goes through , Florida soon for the family. I will have to hang in to next July, stay at my daughter’s home but get the rest of the clan settled into FL

I will go out for the evening stand. Good thing I have my new Thermacell MR450. I am confident it will work but nice to see it work in action especially the silent start button vs. the loud clicker on previous models
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital