New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Opening Day  (Read 146 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Opening Day
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:48:29 PM »
Georgia Opening Day - Archery is this Saturday, September 14th  %^$^

Its going to be warm but I'll be there.... ##$%#11

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Opening Day
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 05:14:41 PM »
Hope you have a great time! Let us know how it goes.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:44:33 PM »
Waiting for your report......... ##$%#115
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 08:21:17 PM »
Good Luck!!

The realization hit me today that turkey season opens in less than a week.    Deer on Oct 1st and I still haven't even started working on my blind, which needs all the walls replaced.  Where has the summer gone?!?!?!?!?!
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 08:42:35 PM »
 @--0--0101 ##$%#116 %^$^
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »
Good Luck, I hope you get the big one before BO, bragging rights are everything at deer camp.  ##$%#1114
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Good Luck, I hope you get the big one before BO, bragging rights are everything at deer camp.  ##$%#1114

Gut truth be told I am looking forward to Saturday night steak night  @--0--0123
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
Yes Deerhead bag a big one!! Just like Gut said!! LOL....I wish I could come down there for opening day...have been there over 40 years for Archery Season.....I will be down on the 15th of Oct for the last three days of Archery and then the seasons rolls over to the Smoke Poles and will be down there for the first three days of it before heading back home to pay some bills!! Eeks!!

A few funnies, remembering Mike Ivey and I using our re-curve bows on opening day. Also remember Dave of Dave's Gun Room hitting an dead center of an old egg and I mean dead center, he hit is so perfect that the shell said intact at 50 yards, I know lucky shot, we both laughed, along with a guy named Tiller, who still to this day cannot believe the shot.....Remembering shooting over and under the same deer, using all 6 arrows. Then hitting one between the eyes when I was 23 years old...then shooting in front of them, then got a compound bow in 1975 or so. Then, seeing plenty of deer but they were to far out of the distance....being in the tree next to Randy Duberry and I shot and missed twice and he shot once and nailed the deer! oh well, he has been always a better shot than I have been....Then Randy and I went out West for Elk...first year we (Randy and I) the greenhorns brought back the Elk, and the veteran Elk Hunter did not, that really chapped them. We did it the next time and the next....LOL...then had a miss in the San Juan's on a huge old 4x4 bull. How in the world do you miss a bull at 30 yards? I know, it takes a lot to do that, but I did, shot under it! Never saw him again!! Have shot and humanly taken four Bulls Then the following year got way up high and it was too high, when the Mule Deer and Elk look like ants below...LOL....on well, and then moved up to Tennessee and started taking White tails every third year of so....then I went on Safari and then came back home and replaced both knees and started hunting out of ladder stands and ground blinds....and now the Crossbows are legal....yippee....

You bet I want to be down there with Deerhead, Split Toe, Jap51, Metalman and Cobb Guy, all great guys to hunt with, I am the lucky one. Knowing how hot it is going to be down there and the hunting will be limited to a hour in the morning and hour at evening, Keep the AC units going in the campers!! bring plenty of gas for your Honda's Generators!!...But the best of all, is the Saturday Night Steaks and Football on the TV......yep, I agree with Deerhead....but thanks for the plug Gut.....   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:49:09 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
Deerhead - Split Toe - Need to know if anybody got a big one? If not, did you see anything, did anybody and who all hunted down there....and how long did you hunt for, first and last hour...boy was it a hot opening day!!!

Anybody got busted going into a stand? I guess I need to know all the juicy details......

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad