New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Vortex Boxes and other boxes  (Read 209 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Vortex Boxes and other boxes
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
Was in the External Garage (G2) and I was checking out my ATV, Yeti Cooler, Honda Generators and Hunting clothes, etc., when I looked up and saw all the friggen boxes I have for the rifles and scopes that I have...holy cow, boxes everywhere.....

But is there any pack-rats like me out there who save every box that comes with your rifles, scopes, binoculars and spotting scopes?
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Vortex Boxes and other boxes
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Vortex Boxes and other boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 01:57:44 PM »
yikes. there's a few trees there
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
Yep, have all of the boxes for the guns I  bought new, plus scopes, binoculars, crossbow, etc.  But with that said, my pile is embarrassingly small next to Bo's!

##$%#114 ##$%#114 ##$%#114
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:30:24 AM »
Mad - Thanks for the funny post but these boxes are only small part of all the boxes I have saved up....like the stereo and camera boxes I have saved for all the years, hoping after I'm gone that someone will realize the importance of them - someday....

My first wife threw all of my original stereo boxes out when I was on a field assignment in New Orleans!, man that made me sick, I told her that it was money in those original boxes...I still own a Marantz 10B tuner with the wooden case. It is a very old tube (yes tubes in it) tuner from the early 70's and it is worth about $1500 or more today and if I had the original boxes (one for the tuner and one for the wooden cabinet it sits in) it would be worth over $2K today... so my advice it to look at your original box and see if there is a serial number on the box that matches your rifle or scope or binoculars or anything else.....it will be worth a lot in about 10 years.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 08:42:13 AM »
Bo - I cut the labels off the boxes with the make, model, serial numbers and receipts for purchases is a file drawer. It takes up a lot less space and easy to find if needed. Kind of like a spreadsheet if you know anything about spreadsheets  ##$%#114  --099-780 I don't have the space or room for box storage.  ##$%#1119
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 08:50:32 AM »
 ##$%#13   ##$%#15 so is that why you have two house one for all the boxes
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 12:08:54 AM »
Dave - yea, you got me...yes that is why I built the 26 fr X 30 garage with 96" studs from the green board have 3 concrete blocks plus a cap block then the green board and then the 96" studs start from there, all of that sits atop at least 6" of the good, and most expensive concrete! Had to get a 8 ft ladder as well, standing on the top rung of the old 6 footer gave me and the wife a nervous situation.....You could play basketball inside of it...but have standard double garage door on it. Most folks don't even notice it from the outside, but once you get inside, you are amazed.....

One house if full (and getting fully) of the wife stuff, I have been relegated to the downstairs where I have all the Safari, ELk, Mule Deer, Antelope, and White Tail critters. Don't tread on me downstairs...LOL....that is my space....

Funny I told my wife that the entire garage is mine and not to put anything in it without my permission.....what was the first thing in it....her plants!! I guess I showed her...LOL...but I have offered to move us to a larger house....but the wife who told me that there is only one more move she is going to make and that will be feet first....I agree with her......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad