New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Walmart To Stop Selling certain ammo and short barrels rifle  (Read 497 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Walmart To Stop Selling certain ammo and short barrels rifle
« on: September 03, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-alaska-handgun-rifle-ammo-nationwide-end-sales

Which means that Wally World will not be selling any AR style rifles anymore and the ammo that goes into them....I have mixed emotion about the statement that Walmart put out.....I done't buy my ammo at Walmart (except for Muzzle Loader) and most other products. Not sure to boycott them or not....

In the statement the CEO said that he owned a firearm and that Sam Walden himself loved Quail hunting...so I understand the move, if they keep selling the bolt action rifles and ammo that goes into them......

Would like to hear your thoughts on this....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Walmart To Stop Selling certain ammo and short barrels rifle
« on: September 03, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Re: Walmart To Stop Selling certain ammo and short barrels rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
Donít buy ANYTHING WalMart sells in the hunting category.

I will not shop there for any hunting stuff
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:54:34 PM »
I use Walmart.com, but that's about it. it get free shipping to store and it's cheaper than amazon in a lot of cases
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:02:02 PM »
It's really stupid. They're going to stop selling pistol ammo and .223/5.56 ammo (short barrelled rifle ammo) and are claiming it's only so they can focus on hunting guns and ammo.  Come on, if they were being both smart and honest that claim doesn't hold water.  More liberal pressure in the boardroom, that's all.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 01:26:23 AM »
Been thinking about it and to quit selling handguns in Alaska where people need them to protect themselves against Grizzly and Brown Bears....now that is stupid...especially in Alaska where everybody that lives out there that might encounter a old cantankerous bear has one and a large magnum pistol on them or in their truck or car....

There is a Walmart about 3 miles from them and I do go in there a few times a years but not like my wife does, she goes there on a weekly bases....This one has a lousy hunting departments and stock nothing where as the one about 15 miles away from us stocks reloading supplies and a bunch of nice rifles...the friendly guys there has told me on several trips in that they can order any rifle they want to...When they put their Turkey loads on clearance, I might buy some but I have my favorite ammo that I don't buy at any Walmart around here...have to get it from Midway USA....I would say that Midway and Amazon has gotten most of my money lately...and come Oct 1st, TN will be collecting sales tax no matter if you ship it in or buy it locally...there goes another almost 10% increase in the cost....but zero of my dollars go into Wally World....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 06:17:03 AM »
My take is this: they stop selling handgun ammo, well my TC Contender has barrels for 35 Rem, 45 APC/.410 and 30-30 + .22 LR .22 Mag all of which I also have rifles in the same calibers. All 9MM ammo will be gone so those that have the newer 9MM rifles. I don't own an AR style rifle, however I do rifles in the .223/5.56 calibers.

So here is my thought, any caliber that can be used in a handgun and rifle, or semiauto firearm (AR Style) will not be sold at Wallyworld.
There goes all shotgun ammo and mostly all other ammo, .308, 30-06, .243 etc. etc. the AR platform has been chambered in nearly every caliber available in handgun and shorty barrel firearm.

I'm not really sure who (?) buys ammo at Walmart anyway. Support your local sporting goods (mom & pop) stores, and/or start reloading.

Give and inch and they will take a mile. Who's nest Cabela's/Bass Pro, Gander Outdoors?
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 08:37:56 PM »
I created a pool on this issue in Politics FYI
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 08:43:30 PM »
Their house, their rules. Lots of local mom and pop stores more than willing to take my money.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 09:10:19 PM »
They and Kroger are trying to push back on open carry (at the moment), but apparently not on concealed carry.  While I think it's all foolish pandering on their part, I probably won't completely boycott them since as MIB stated it's getting pretty tough to find enough companies that haven't made it similar stupid moves . . .
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:33:20 PM »
They and Kroger are trying to push back on open carry (at the moment), but apparently not on concealed carry.  While I think it's all foolish pandering on their part, I probably won't completely boycott them since as MIB stated it's getting pretty tough to find enough companies that haven't made it similar stupid moves . . .

They are just virtue signalling by banning the scary guns people can see!!
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 04:04:05 AM »
As far as Kroger open carry policy, I carry all the time, but not openly and at Wally World as well. I think Walmart will stop carrying 223 and AR style rifles, that is fine with me....but they will carry hunting rifles, shotgun and ammo for both of those.....now I wonder if they will stop selling 9mm ammo? I am sure they will not stop selling 38, 357 and 45 ammo, but the 9 mill is the most shot ammo as far as pistols goes....and the 30-30, 30-06, 270 and 308, etc.... I am sure Walmart did their homework in making their decision, because every decision will cost them millions!! Wonder how much this decision will cost in dollars and in customers??

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 05:20:33 AM »
Rural King has issued the opposite statement saying that they support the Second Amendment...attached is a photo sent to me by my wife.....for those of you that don't know or hear of Rural King, they are like Tractor Supply Company (TSC) except each store is about 10 times larger than TSC stores are...and they have a separate firearms store inside their store called RKGuns.....

I have purchased several firearms from them over the past 3 to 4 years and always had to fill out a 4473 form for a background check.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 08:13:50 AM »
I love Rural King, just wish I had one closer
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 11:20:16 AM »
I have never bought any ammo or guns from Walmart. I have gotten some blackpowder supplies from then from time to time. I conceal carrier a small .380 with a mic holster in my back pocked most of the time. I buy just about all my ammo from Midway USA as they have a great selection of bullet types. I buy most of my shotgun shells buy the case from several different places. We don't have a Rural King but wish we did.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 02:22:28 AM »
Yesterday after dinner (man was it good) wife wanted to go to a different Walmart than our local close by Wally World, so we went to the one about 30 minutes north of where we live and it was real close to Rural King (we also stopped by there). This is the good Walmart, where they carry reloading supplies and equipment...There was no AR10 or AR15 out on display for sale or .223 of 5.56 Ammo sitting on the shelves to buy, I can imagine that there had been decision made and they have a few of them in the back along with the .223 of 5.56 Ammo. They did have hunting ammo and plenty of it behind lock glass cabinets. The also had plenty of 9mm, 380 and 45 ACP ammo. On the open shelves were the shotgun ammo, plenty of 12 gauge, 20 and 410 shells....and the reloading supplies. The only component that was under lock and key was the primers. This is the good type of Walmart, I have never done this myself but I had heard that they would order you any rifle you want....They did have a few rifles and muzzle loader in one case and the shotguns in the other...they had never carried centerfired pistols, at least I have never seen them or at the local Walmart.

While we were out there, decided to run buy Rural King (on a Friday night) and they were packed....especially the gun section....must have been 20 guys in there. And there was 3 guys working in that department, normally it is just one....but hay - it was a Friday night in Tennessee, either football or guns grab all the attention.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad