New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: got my license  (Read 145 times)

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
got my license
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:53:45 AM »
yes I can hunt this year got bow tag, gun tag, muzzleloader tag, and  doe tag 7s and 7r  I live in 7s and right across the road is 7r

##$%#113  --09--0  ()*$%RT  (*&^&%#  ##$%#1114  ##$%#116  -00-9
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Re: got my license
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
Great! Was that a lottery? Public land?
Not too far from me in commie NJ
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 10:09:35 AM »
yep on the doe tags you pick the units (two) that you want the tag for you do have to look carefully as some have a high chance for first pick and low for second pick 7s is high first and low second 7r is high first and high second up near Ithaca and Binghamton ny
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:25 PM »
you are way ahead of schedule. I normally wait until the week before. I think I get 5 doe tags per license down here. I normally let the girls walk though. I can't eat  that many deer. one per year is good
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 07:35:01 PM »
Got mine a few weeks ago, the GA Hunting and Big Game License, now I legally can hunt GA....

Still had to pay $325 for the license!!! that sucks, a lot...wish I could get a reduced hunting license for down there at least for us seniors....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
I usually wait until Michigan has their lottery for public lands, when they announce leftover OTC tags that are available for private lands. Doe tags are $20 each, no senior discount. Buck tags are available after a certain date,  either a combo tag (2bucks, one with antler restrictions, the 2nd w/o restrictions) or a regular tag, one buck only w/o restrictions.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
I get a combo license here in Virginia.  First week of July is when I buy it.  Hunting - Small Game; 3 turkey (1 fall either sex, two spring gobbler); 6 deer (2 buck, 2 either sex, 2 doe), bought a Bear tag with General Firearms and Muzzleloader.  Plus this Combo has a Fresh and Salt water fishing license with it.  We get the paper license here now along with a credit card type license.  That way we can carry our license with us in any weather and we do not have to tag the animal until it is out of the woods and our tags are never attached to the animal just filled in with your game check number.  All but bear can be done online or over the phone.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »
Got mine back in May  . @--0--0118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 06:00:35 AM »
Got my Pa doe tag now waiting to see if I get drawn for my Pa elk tag. I am all set for this year.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 09:04:11 AM »
I got all of my licenses on June 17th, for PA, our doe tags are by drawing and mine arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm all set. The state drawing for Elk tags is this weekend at the Elk County visitors Center. Bluetoe you should know if you were drawn by Sunday. Good Luck to you. I don't apply for Elk Tags in PA even though my camp is in Area 13, I see them all the time and have plenty of pictures on my trail cameras.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:30 AM »
I got all of my licenses on June 17th, for PA, our doe tags are by drawing and mine arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm all set. The state drawing for Elk tags is this weekend at the Elk County visitors Center. Bluetoe you should know if you were drawn by Sunday. Good Luck to you. I don't apply for Elk Tags in PA even though my camp is in Area 13, I see them all the time and have plenty of pictures on my trail cameras.

I get all mine the first week of July, that is the earliest we can buy them.  Thank heaven we don't have to draw for anything here. 
'10 NE Anniversary Party
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Gutshot

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »

I get all mine the first week of July, that is the earliest we can buy them.  Thank heaven we don't have to draw for anything here.
June 17th is the first day our licenses went on sale in PA, I got them online at 12:05AM my senior licenses is free, I only pay for DMAP tags, doe and bear tags. I'm set until the end of June 2020
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 02:29:18 PM »

June 17th is the first day our licenses went on sale in PA, I got them online at 12:05AM my senior licenses is free, I only pay for DMAP tags, doe and bear tags. I'm set until the end of June 2020

I only have 3 years to go until my general license is only a couple of dollars and the fishing is the same.  (62).  We used to be able to get ours the first of June but a few years ago VA put in a Summer Bushy Tail Tree Rat season and they backed it up so the previous year license was valid.
'10 NE Anniversary Party
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 06:16:56 AM »
Well I guess I'll hope to draw area 13 then maybe I can get a guided hunt from the Gut!!! ;D ;D
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Gutshot

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 07:08:58 AM »
Well I guess I'll hope to draw area 13 then maybe I can get a guided hunt from the Gut!!! ;D ;D
BLUETOE - Maybe even a place to rest your old bones  --099-780
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

New Page 3

Google Ad