New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: TRACT Optics - Response Rifle Scope  (Read 181 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: TRACT Optics - Response Rifle Scope
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:02 PM »
Bo - which Ruger rifle are you contemplating? 

The 6.5 Grendel is a stronger performer than the .300 at a distance but I hear lots of people really happy running suppressed AR's with subsonic .300 BO ammo on nighttime hog hunts.   That combo of the CZ with the Zeiss scope and 6.5 Grendel sounds like a good match though - just depends what you wanna shoot with it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 11:39:01 PM »
Yari - And don't forget the pile of binoculars (17 pairs), rangefinders (6) and spotting scopes (7).... --099-780

My wife just shrugs her shoulders and shacks her head  That blank stare I get from her when I start talking about my next rifle set up combo.....she said when I pass that she is just going to close the gun room door and not do anything for 6 months.....I see her point in a lot of ways....I tell her that they might spawn you never know!! I will turn 70 this year and think that I have a good 10 years left but who knows, only God knows how much longer do I have....

You should see the Spreadsheet that I have put together with all the info on it and I back it up twice as part of my daily process....think her daughter and her hubby will step in and help her.....do have a lot of "stuff" in the gun room.....piles and piles of stuff.... --099-780

Mad - Thinking about the Ruger American the short 16.5" barrel. They and Remington make both the 6.5 Grendel and the 300 AAC in their bolts rifles....have search and search for the 6.8 SPC II bolt action and could not find one...just the AR uppers....I do have a 6.8 SPC II custom built AR rifle, only took it to the range twice and it seems to like the 110 Gn bullet the best....the 120 Gn is OK results....late last year - one week I shot the 110 for a week and then the 120 for the next week with the 110 shooting the best but nothing like long term trips to the range that will prove it over time....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 06:13:14 AM »
Looking at the ballistics for both the 6.5 Grendel and the 300 AAC Blackout calibers....I was thinking of getting a Remington or Ruger in the 300 AAC or the CZ 527 in the 6.5.....so for now am not doing nothing but got to do something before Oct 1st because that is when the tax laws change in Tennessee!!

Which one would you (anybody get)....the 6.5 Grendel of the 300 AAC...for 200 yards and in for deer....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »
Grendel, unless you want to shoot suppressed.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »
That is what I am thinking and the Grendel will be much flatter than the 300 AAC...not sure on which one to buy....no suppressor....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad