New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: TRACT Optics - Response Rifle Scope  (Read 504 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
TRACT Optics - Response Rifle Scope
« on: August 02, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
Getting in tomorrow sometimes, signature required by Fedex! a 2.5-10X x 42mm with BDC rifle scope in from Tract Optics. It is a Response Model and it has been reduced to close out price at $294....thinking/planning on putting the 1 inch tube on the Cooper M52 7x57....currently it has a Zeiss Conquest 1.8 - 5.5X x 38mm. Think I need a little more power. They, Zeiss, only made this scope for 2 to 3 years and it wasn't a big seller...

Maybe put it on the 300AAC in Rem or Ruger or a CZ 527 6.5 Grendel or the 6.8 SPC II by ???? bolt action rifle I will be purchasing later on this year....any comments....

Jon Lacorte (co-owner) told me that the Response is not the scope that the Toric is ?? it should be find for the Cooper M52 7x57...We will see....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:52:25 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Re: Tract Response
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
Enjoy!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Tract Response
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
The Response Arrive around noon today. Unpacked it and took it outside and started getting use to it....2.5 - 10X x 42mm BDC with 1 inch tube...has long eye relief, and the fast focus ring is very responsive. The power ring is firm but not stiff, you can use it without taking you eye off your target....the windage and elevation knobs can be adjusted and returned back to zero after you have sighted it in just by simple lift and turn the turrets back to Zero, I do like that feature on it. Does not have a parallax setting on the scope, it is set for 100 yards...Glass is Clear with sharp images and accurate color rendition

Thinking about putting the Tract Response on the Cooper M52 7x57 and taking the Zeiss 1.8 - 5.5 x 38mm off and putting it on the future 300 Blackout....just thinking for now...need a little more power at the range....

Will take it out late tonight and early tomorrow morning before sun up just to do some checking and will do some reporting then....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: TRACT Optics - Response Rifle Scope
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 07:58:25 AM »
Was out early this morning along with the TRACT Response rifle scope. The scope was clear & sharp and it drew in the ambient light very good, I could actually see before I could legally see, if you know what I mean...I stayed out there about 30 minutes and then came inside into the gun room to "pick it apart" which I do with every scope and product that I buy....Maybe this is a bad habit of mine but I look at the owners manual after I had a chance to use the product and see if I can find out what makes it tick...still have not read the manual either the Toric or the Response rifle scopes....LOL...but the wife reads the owners manual cover to cover first before doing anything else....she is good about that....

The reticule is great and it is busy buy not that busy to take you eye off center and wander around the scope....it is set up for a 223, that is engraved on the top. I still like the turrets can be adjusted by raising the turrets and then turn them back to "0" for both Windage and Elevation. The scope falls into the category of "should I have bought it or not" I always ask myself that question for each product. Is the glass clear and the images are sharp - Yes. Is the color rendition true - Yes. Is the Fast Focus rings works - Yes. Can you turn the power ring without taking you eye off the target - Yes. Is the warranty lifetime and transferable - Yes. Will TRACT Optics be around for another 20 years? Who knows....Is the rifle scope Schott Glass - No, the glass was made in Japan, not China.....Which rifle do I put this on? Either The Cooper M52 7x57 or the Remingotn 700 LTR in 308...not sure as of this moment, may not put on them at all.....

First thing that I will do today is to installed my standard Vortex Cant Level on it.....when I order them 1" or 30mm Vortex Cant Levels I always order two or three of them as a back up to the back up.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
how does the clarity compare to the toric?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 07:32:29 PM »
Its close but no cigar! the Toric is better at dust and dawn.....I will get the Toric out tomorrow and compare it against the Response....will do it early in the morning. not to alarm the neighbors. Will raise the garage door and this give me about a 300 yards distance, they are calling for fog forming in the morning as well....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 11:35:28 AM »
the price dependency is pretty good, that's why i ask
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
Everyday, including today, have taken the Toric Response outside and looked through it.....and then I go into the gun room thinking which rifle do I want to put it on....then I set and watch a hunting show and then play with it...just to check it out. It was made in the Philippines....Is that bad or good? at least it wasn't made in China. It looks like as you increase the power on the scope there is a small but definitely that closes down inside as you are looking through it....this isn't a big deal, I do like the spring loaded turrets. Where you can make adjustments as you shoot and then lift up the turret and reset it back to zero, I do like that. But I don't like the engraving of the "223/5.56" on the Elevation Turret....but I do like the fast focus ring...the power and the fast focus rings are firm but not that firm where you have to take you eye off and put some strength to change to power setting....you set it on the Response and it stays where you put it....

Still have not decided on what rifle to put it on.....for now, just put it in the box with the other 12 scopes that are not mounted!!!!Daaa....but the price is very good for a $300 and under scope....quality versus price....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »
bo- just to clarify to those not familiar tract optics, I think you mean TRACT RESPONSE not TORIC RESPONSE in the first line below. toric is a different scope 
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »
Yari - You are so right, thank you. Need to read my post before pushing the "Post" button!!.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 05:05:59 AM »
Was out with the TRACT Response yesterday and this time was able to "Go The Distance" with the Response, was able to look at long distance with it, almost 350 yards...boy was it clear and really wondering they rate the power settings on this scope, the 10X sure seems like 13 to 15 power rather than 10X. Yesterday also was reloading some 30-06 (165 gn Sierra GK using H4350, CCI-BR2 and Lake City Brass) in the Garage and was able to look thru both TRACT scope,  the Toric and the Response....one is made in Japan (Toric) and the other made in the Philippines. Jon Locoste is right, the Toric is different scope than the Response is....The Toric is sharper(by a lot) Clearer(just barely), brighter (by alot), and the color rendition is barely better on the Response....I could see about 175 yards with both scopes....but the power on the Response sure seems a little more than what it is engraved on the power dail....but since I had it out, went ahead and compare it to the Vortex Crossfire II, Nikon Prostaff, Leupold Freedom. It beat all of them except brightness, it was a close to the Leupold Freedom 3-9X x 50mm. Think the 50mm gave it the edge.... 

Also installed my standard Vortex Cant Level on the scope...Will tweak it (like I always do) once the scope gets mounted on it forever home....found a Leupold Cover for the scope, had it laying around. Just need to decide which rifle this scope belongs on.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 07:45:33 AM »
Aw heck Bo, just buy another rifle for it.  No sense spending time sorting through the pile to find one in your current inventory!   
  --099-780 ##$%#114 --099-780
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online yari

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »
that is what i would expect. thx for the info
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 02:27:20 PM »
Mad - Have a 300 Blackout in Mind how about that in a Ruger or Remington....maybe a 6.5 Grendel in a CZ-527?. Put the Zeiss 1.8-5.5X on the CZ and put the TRACT Response on the Cooper M52 7x57....maybe buy both! Put a Konus 1.5-6X x 44MM, 30mm tube on the one of the rifles? Or maybe the Leupold Freedom 3-9X x 50mm or one of the two Vortex Crossfire II 3-9X x 40mm......What do you think? that still leaves me a pile of scope as back ups.....

I think the 6.5 Grendel in the CZ-527 and the Zeiss Conquest 1.805.5X x 38mm, 1 inch tube,would be a great set up and the Ruger 300 AAC with the Leupold Freedom might be my next two rifles....humm....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »
bo- how in the world do you sleep at night w/ all those important decisions to make. --099-780 i love it

i know  some guys w/ a 'pile of guns' but i don't think i know anyone w/ a 'pile of scopes'. @--0--0105 now i do

enjoy
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad