New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: New China Tariffs  (Read 465 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
New China Tariffs
« on: August 02, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
Since a lot of our inexpensive optics are made in China, wonder how they will effect our buying?

I just purchased a (another) Tract Response 2.5-10X x 42mm with BDC that is made in Japan and same goes for the latest Tract Toric it is also made in Japan.....
I know that Vortex Crossfire scopes are made in China
All of the Nikon Prostaff's are made in China, same goes for Bushnell, and some of the inexpensive likes I like to buy...humm...think I will take a rest from buying optics since I have 2 Vortex, 2 Leupold, 1 Zeiss, 1 Bushnell, 1 Trijicon and a few other cheapies laying around that are not mounted yet.....

Thinking of getting a 300 AAC or a 6.5 Grendel or a 6.8 SPC II in a bolt action rifle? Any suggestion.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

New China Tariffs
« on: August 02, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Re: New China Tariffs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
I am for the Tariffs

MAGA
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:30:24 AM »
Yea, me too!! I was surprised that Fox News Shepard Smith opening monologue yesterday blaming (It sounded to me like he was) Prez Trump on the fact....I am tired of our secrets plans for our ships and planes and other are copied and the Chinese Gov is blatant about it.....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 11:33:29 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
The vast majority of Americans are living for a quick fix in every aspect of their lives.  The libs love to cater to that desire by offering all this "free stuff" that in reality we can't afford, because it gets them votes from the sheep.  In reality, few of the big challenges we face can be solved with a "quick fix".  Things like the tariffs are tough to manage in a way that the majority understands, because oftentimes the near term implications are kind of ugly for both sides, but in the long run they have to be managed and the Trumpster is absolutely correct in playing hardball with China, Mexico, and others to negotiate something that is more fair for both parties.  The media makes money on controversy, and sadly in many cases they manufacture controversy where there doesn't need to be any, just creating more angst among the people. 

China is powerful enough to stand on their own, they don't need an advantage over us in the tariff space.  Yes, prices are likely to climb, but it creates more US jobs as some of that product will now be able to be produced here at a profitable level.  Yes, that might increase inflation, that's simply following the basic laws of economics in a free market economy.  No, it's not the end of the world, but it does need to be managed carefully in multiple areas to avoid creating other issues.  If only the media would seek to inform people at a deeper level rather than get everyone inflamed over some shallow, speculative fear mongering.  As the saying goes, "keep calm, and carry on".   People just can't seem to separate their intense hatred for Trump personally from the fact that he's working to get the right things done in the long run for America.  He's got my vote - I certainly don't see anyone participating in the Democrat circus that has a chance to change my mind before Nov 2020.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 08:42:58 AM »
Well said Mad, it appears the media can't see past the front sight  -00-9
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 02:14:41 PM »
I heard Pocahontas would go after china more than trump. I doubt it, but that's what they are reporting
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 09:58:54 PM »
You're a generous man Gut!  I'm not sure they're even able to focus on anything but the rear sight (trying to see between their cheeks as they place their head up their . . . )   

Sorry, that probably crossed a line of decency on this forum, y'all feel free to delete that, I just couldn't help meself.
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 06:26:14 AM »
You're a generous man Gut!  I'm not sure they're even able to focus on anything but the rear sight (trying to see between their cheeks as they place their head up their . . . )   

Sorry, that probably crossed a line of decency on this forum, y'all feel free to delete that, I just couldn't help meself.
Mad, it's a fine line but a little wider where us old fat guys walk  ##$%#11 ##$%#11 ##$%#11 it's all good
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 08:25:21 AM »
We will all be better off in the long run for equality in Trade.  But that "Quick Fix" mentality goes along with "Everyone" gets a trophy mentality of today....

GROW UP, nothing is free and nothing is truly easy.

I have seen no drop in the exports my Company makes to China (and I am the one who orders the shipping containers when the a Chinese company has requested a shipment.  I send recyclable paper of several grades which are still in high demand.  The market pricing for Cardboard and Newspaper have dropped to a level that we are almost giving it away but those on not a true export commodity nearly 90% of that paper stays in the US.).  Now, overall the trade prices are down for what we sell to them but that is not a tax/tariff problem that is a commodities market downturn (happens when the market needs a correcting kick in all product areas).

Our news reports in general as so fast to want to point fingers that they no longer know how to research a subject or get facts straight before they report.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 08:46:26 AM »
Amen BP!
and enjoy it!

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 10:38:50 AM »
No one has mentioned our products were made here first before our great companies shipped everything over to china to be manufactured.  Righting the deficit is long over due. 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 06:17:02 PM »
Deerhead - Good comments, it all boils down to the almighty $dollar$ Cheaper to produce in China than with our workers here in the States! I bet there will be a lively discussion around deer camp this year about this subject....

Of course my stocks are taking a beating now and in the future and most likely I will have to find a part time job to make ends meet.....Just kidding about the job....I am willing to pay the higher price and to do what ever it takes to bring our companies back home and to product better quality products than over in China....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 06:32:14 PM »
I heard Pocahontas would go after china more than trump. I doubt it, but that's what they are reporting

Wait until she claims she is 1/2048th Chinese
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project