New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: ammo  (Read 201 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
ammo
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:56:31 PM »
we all take things for granted or have short memories, at least I do.

have you looked at rifle ammo lately? $50 is about the top price in the new cabela magazine and they are always expensive. I think we are close if not where we were before barry took office. if another lib gets in in 2020, please NO. we all need to stock up at these prices

BTW. did you see liz warren and hubby made between 700K and 1.4MM the each of the last 5 years? and she is the common person? just like being native American. more lies
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

ammo
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:56:31 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: ammo
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:12:21 PM »
Yes on both topics Yari!  I've actually been tossing around the idea of stocking up a bit on 9mm, .223, .45 ACP and maybe even some more .22 LR. 

A few weeks ago I grabbed a brick (500) of Remington Thunderbolts for $12.  I didn't really need them and in general they tend to run on the dirty side, but somehow I couldn't resist as the price was getting back close to the old $10/brick level it had been at for decades before the greatest gun salesman ever made it to the White House. 

Poor Pocahontas, we probably oughta take up a collection for her, it's really hard to get by on that kind of income without some extra help.  What a bunch of flippin' hypocrites!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 03:52:32 AM »
Yes, I have notice and also even the components are going up!! One of the reason why I got into reloading was to save money! The attached picture is why I keep telling my wife that with all the boxes of bullets I got (and not opened yet) that there is a small fortune in the bullets!!

Is it the Cost of Advertisement or the Product Liability Lawyers who is getting rich off of us....have slowed down a lot figuring it a box of bullets that cost me $15 - 20 years ago, can put down a deer, the same bullets in 2019 will also dispatch a deer....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:16:14 AM »
Both items you mentioned are big factors in the cost Bo, and there are two more biggies driving things up as well.  One is regulatory pressure on the manufacturing facilities (limits on the types of materials you can use during the manufacturing process and in the product itself, where and how raw material and final product can be shipped, labeling, disposal, etc).  It's a huge challenge for a manufacturer to stay compliant with State, Fed, and international rules in this space and requires significant manpower and capital updates to do it.  The other big one is R&D.  The Hornadys and Federals and Sierras etc need to invest in brainpower and equipment to help them find that next incremental improvement to get that marketing advantage, and engineers don't come cheap these days.  All things considered, like Yari I'm surprised that factory ammo prices have snuck back down to the pre-O'dumbo levels.  Components like bullets and powder don't seem to be dropping, but at least the availability is decent now.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 05:30:28 PM »
Mad - Some very good points....thanks for the post....knowing how things changed from the 80's and 90's!!!You got to consider everything when it comes to cost of ammo...many outside factors that you pointed out you have to considered.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
And sadly a lot of the cost of doing business (all of it eventually carried by the consumers/taxpayers of course) is simply absurd.  Take California's Prop 65 for example - a producer basically has to put a Prop 65 label on everything to state that it could possibly kill you.  It quickly reached the point that everyone applies the label to everything no matter how benign, and the consumers just ignore it anyway because it's everywhere they look.  So much crap like that which only wastes time/money/resources and adds zero value at the end of the day, or actually worse in that the dangerous stuff that truly needs some clear warnings tends to get lumped in with the harmless stuff.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 11:28:11 AM »
Mad - Well said, and just think, that there are other states on both coast that are watching Prop 65 to see how much resistance they get from it and revenue it going to cost the producers....you are right it is a bunch of crap like that that is driving the cost up and up.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad