New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor  (Read 1830 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2020, 06:34:44 AM »
When I was putting together the Bergara 308, was looking around and found that I have plenty of Remington, Winchester and Hornady brass but no Lapua...so I order some from Natchez Shooters Supply and surprisingly a box of 22-250 was in there as well....I though they had double my order when I got to looking at the invoice there was only 1 -50 count box ordered, and then looked at the box of other brass and saw that it was a 50 count box of Lapua 22-250 Rem brass as well, but they did not charge me for them....I was thinking about contacting them and see about returning to them but thought that it would cost me more to send them back than what they are worth....so I did send them an email to let them know that they did ship a box of Lapua 22-250 brass and that I would be glad to pay for them....but I have not heard back from them - yet !!

But have loaded up 10 rounds of 308, using the 168 gn BTips....using Varget and CCI-BR2 primer along with the Lapua brass that I just got in.....will take to the range next week....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2020, 06:34:44 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2020, 06:27:26 AM »
The Bergara B14 HMR SP in 308 is awesome shooter, just look at the range results on 6-11-2020, especially the last three rounds....I did load up another 10 rounds (just in case) of 168 gns Nosler Ballistic Tips before heading to the range...Shot extremely well!!!

Now I have two Bergara's a 6.5 CM and a short SP version in 308......and now I am going to asked the question...Is Bergara - the half price of a Cooper - the answer to the Cooper as far as accuracy goes?  I don't know but it falls into the one of the better shooters for under a grand? I know the Coopers (I own 10 of them) are very expensive to own. I'm looking at a lighter thinner barrel Bergara in the standard B14 model, it is lighter than the HMR and of course it holds less rounds than the AICS Box Magazine than the HMR....and probably shoots good but not as good as the HMR (which stands for Hunting Match Rifle).....But on both Bergara have Tract Optics on them and on the Coopers have nothing but Leupold's on them....both are excellent scopes....

But is the Bergara the $1000 solution to the $2500 Cooper?....both are very, very good......

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
I think I have found my 24th 308 !! it is a Christensen Arms B.A. Tactical VTAC .308 Win 16" Black W/Gray Webbing.....yes another short heavy barrel....without the scope and ammo the darn thing weights in at 7 lbs, 1 oz....hopefully I can get it before hunting season this year but it is a very expensive rifle it will run me about $2300 to get it to my house and think a Leupold VX3m, 2.5-8X x 36mm would be good scope for it.....and being on a fixed income and you guys know all about that....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »
It's an investment Bo - investment! 
 ##$%#11
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2020, 08:59:26 PM »
you need a custom walk-in safe built right into your house. a buddy had one made. it was really cool. he filled it up in no time --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 06:18:22 AM »
Yari - I know, I know, you are so right. Going to need a bigger house or another (No. 4 safe) to put it somewhere....have 3 large gun safes full and and am overflowing with the rifles.....

Did pick up the Mossberg 308 yesterday and have started to modified it. Have installed the Vortex CF2 4-12X x 44mm and the AR Stoner muzzle brake....so far will get the trigger installed on it and maybe, just maybe have time to take it to the range tomorrow or Thursday when I go.....

But the Christensen Arms BA is a very nice little rifle.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2020, 06:54:29 AM »
After cleaning the Bergara 6.5 CM and the Bergara 308 Win and their TRACT Scopes...review the targets once again....will today be reducing the pull of the triggers every so slightly...but they are different. The 6.5 CM is slightly heavier than the 308 Win.....have not put the Lyman Electronic Trigger gauge on it yet but will do so today....

The latest targets are attached...the target no 3, 4 and 5 of the 6.5 CM are really good tagets...just like the 308 target show here...so it had to be me and not the rifle....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2020, 07:25:46 AM »
the 308 is money
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2020, 07:43:45 AM »
Yari - You are right again and this was the first load that I had loaded up for the Bergara....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad