New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
I had the opportunity to see both rifles and scopes at camp this week. I thought the Tract optics was impressive and was really impressed with the Christensen Arms rifle. Both fine weapons and optics...
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 05:46:49 AM »
When Split Toe looked over the Bergara/Tract and the Christensen Arm/Leupold it was early in the morning and I was packing up ready to head North. I will be hunting with Both Rifles this year and my goal was to let Deerhead see them since he first turned me onto Bergara many years ago. I told him later on that morning after I was almost all packed up that he would see both of them plus others when I come down for our two week hunt.....

Tract Optic is a good quality scope, and most folks know about the Leupold Quality and confidence with you buy one.....just wished the cross hairs were finer, but cannot say enough about the Tract Optics, good value for the money...please look them up.
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
I took out 1" from the LOP and raise the comb before yesterday range time, man, did it make the difference in the Bergara, now I know why folks have them....first of all you can customize the stock so it fits you better, I am a short fat guy and not with the LOP shorter and the comb height is higher and the rifle just seems to fit me better...as you can tell by the range results yesterday (8-28-19) Attached is the target....cannot believe how well it shoots. Just think, If I would have had my Cooper and Bergara back in my prime...Wow.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »
That one appears to be ready for the hunt Bo.  As for your prime, a wise man recently told me "remember, today is the prime that you'll look back on tomorrow, make the most of it."
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 01:07:16 AM »
Mad - Yea, you are right...I think the Bergara is ready for the 2019-2020 Deer Season!!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 11:27:08 AM »
With it dialed in at 100 yards, 1" high at 100 yards, went ahead and installed today all the parts and pieces of the zero stop this morning. Without any instructions that came with the scope and on you tube, I went ahead and watched the zero stop for another Tract Scope and figured it out from it....have about 5 pieces to install and took about 2 pieces out...all it all, after laying it all out, took me about 10 minutes to installed it...had to add plenty of light to shine on the area of the scope....Have test it out and can change it from 100 to 200 yards with only a flat head screwdriver...you will half to do it before going to the woods for sure....The Tract Toric 3-15X came with a box marked Turret Kit with no instructions. I have several other zero stop scopes in the inventory, so it did not take a dummy like me very long to figure it out....

I have locked the Bergara down on a 140 gn Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullet, knowing that I cannot go with the 127 gn Barnes TTSX or the TSX. The only option that I might have is the Nosler 140 Gn Accubond. It will fly similar, but not exactly the same and may have to do some adjusting on the Tract Toric if I change bullets...... --09--0

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
Took the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5CM to the Range this past week and it shot very good. See Picture, it is ready to Hunting Season 2019.... Matter of Fact, Bergara offers a "Special Purpose" in 308 caliber that it has a 18" long heavy barrel...hum...another 308?

Am extremely happy with the Bergara, thanks to Deer Head and your cousin too!!! I can't image how good the short barrel shoots, but the one I have has the 22" barrel. Am close to getting a muzzle brake for it but not quiet there yet....Might as well buy two of the muzzle brakes.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 04:54:38 PM »
I believe the new bergaras come w/ a muzzle break. my buddy bought a 6.5 for his son for graduation and it came w/ a break
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 04:11:11 AM »
Yari - That is really good that they now ship it with a brake on it on in the box. I'm going to spend somewhere in the neighborhood or $50 to $100 on one from Midway....I must have purchased an old one from Buds, because after your post I looked in the box to see if I had missed it somehow, still shoots really good with the Tract Toric Scope on it...
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 09:36:50 AM »
Should I get the ST-1 for the Bergara in 6.5 CM ??....It is specifically design for Bergara HMR......it will cost me about $140.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »
doesn't it come standard w/ a brake?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
Yari - Mine did not...so went ahead and purchased the ST-1 off of Gunbroker.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »
Went ahead and bought the Bergara ST-1 Muzzle Brake for $150 smackers!! holy cow!! before I had a $20 brake on it (from Amazon). The cheap brake from China is shown as photo 4953 and was a 30 caliber. The Bergara is obviously shown on with the "B" engraved in it and it is a 6.5.......you are going to pay a lot for the official Bergara logo....

What I did was after the Bergara ST-1 brake came in and installed, I went ahead and installed the cheapie 30 caliber muzzle brake on the Mossberg 6.5 PRC.

Needs to be taken it to the range before I clean it....This is what I do...I will take 4 rifles down to the club with me for the 10 day or 2 week hunt and then for the Thanksgiving hunt will take down 2 more different rifles and for the upcoming after Christmas hunt but before the New Year, will take down 2 more different rifles....now here comes the kicker....before I clean these 8 or so rifles, will take them to the range with me and shot them and see if they are still on target and then come home and clean them and put them up for the spring of 2020..... 

For Opening Day - took the Remington LTR and the Savage LE-1 both in 308's. The 10 day or two week hunt, took the Bergara 6.5 CM, the Christensen Arm 6.5 PRC, the McWhorter 270 WSM and the Cooper M52 in the 280 AI. For the Thanksgiving hunt took down with me the Cooper M22 in 7x57, and the Cooper M52 in 7x57. And Finally for the upcoming after Christmas hunt will be taking down the twin Kimber's in 308 Win. So I will take them to the range and shoot them 3 shots each to check to make sure they were on target before cleaning them....

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:04:26 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2019, 04:30:49 PM »
hard to believe $20 vs $150. it will be interesting to see if you think there is a significant performance difference. let us know
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »
Yari - That is what I was thinking also....I never fired the 6.5 CM Bergara with the cheapie 30 caliber muzzle brake and can't wait till I fire the Bergara ST-1 muzzle brake. It is a true 6.5 diameter...and will let everyone know how it turns out.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad