New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Upcoming Tech on a Product  (Read 129 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Upcoming Tech on a Product
« on: July 13, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »
The big push is to make the RF integrated viva Blue Tooth, to your smart phone and your scope...Currently I have seen ATN and SIG so what is Zeiss, Lecia, Swarovski doing? I'm sure they are not sitting on their hands on this.....

What is in the pipe line for us, the consumer, and what tech device would you like to see on your next spotting scope, binoculars, range finde or rifle scope would you like to see....just image if you can the possibilities.....

Dutch knows and he ain't saying nothing....LOL...   
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Upcoming Tech on a Product
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 03:34:31 PM »
I get it, but I'm not on board. too much technology for me. back to the basics is just fine. I think of hunting as a basic sport. for sport shooting, go for it though

I was looking at new trolling motors a few years ago and couldn't believe the tech. you need an extra degree just to use them

I guess my biggest pet peeve is if one part malfunctions, the whole unit is bad. I had an issue w/ a GPS one time and was told I needed a new unit. 

I guess i'm just old fashion ##$%#15
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
I would like to see rifle scope and all optics with built in Range Finders? Is that too much to ask? What about Elevation and Temperature in a pair of binos?

How bout making scopes eye pieces sort of square or like the old Redfield TV screen and have all the data you can cram into the scope screen like each corner of the scope have the distance, them elevation, the Temperature and the drop of you bullet or the angle true distance in the screen? I am sure that the data is available like the Remington 2020 cyclopes (3 lenses) scope they put out several years ago...should have bought another 308 with the Rem 2020 already mounted on it.....

What do ya think? Think it is possible? Sure it is, but at what price?

What ever happen to the Remington 2020 Digital Optic System? It turns 6 years old (in a few months) and lately you have not heard a pep from Remington about it...was it just to heavy or bulky or was the limited distance of 750 yards (where today they are shooting over a mile away?), Did our secret service grab them and the patent on it? of did another manufacturer buy the patent on it?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:40:19 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »
isn't that the idea behind the burris scopes. they do all the calculations for you. I have a client that loves his. it is bulky he said, but takes the guess work out
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
I'm generally in favor of keeping life simple, but with that said keep in mind that I'm not out there trying to take an animal at 300+ yards either and that's where the technology would start to earn it's way onto the equipment.  One feature I'm seeing on some digital scopes which I think has merit is the short video clip that is triggered at the shot.  Depending on the clarity and response time for that, I can see it being useful to confirm/locate a hit and give you a record of where the animal stood at the shot.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 11:00:48 PM »
I'm running the ATN Sight II hd 3x14 scope with their scope mounted rangefinder which seems to work well out to 200 yards so far . It seem to help make sure you have a good hunt and humane end for the animal .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
Sundowner - I hear you loud and clear.....But there is more info that can be digested into our shooting brain...LOL....

Attached are pictures of the Rem 2020...and Tracking Point...these are only the tip of the iceberg....wonder where this all will go.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 04:06:36 AM »
Down here in the South with the thickness of the terrain, when you look through this type of scope and you analysis all the data, the deer is gone!!!.... --099-780
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad