New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM  (Read 366 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »
Yari - I saw their demo sale....should have gone with it instead of what I got? Not sure, but had my sights set on this one for a few months....will go ahead an start mounting the Tally Rings on the scope....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 03:14:15 PM »
Yari - I saw their demo sale....should have gone with it instead of what I got? Not sure, but had my sights set on this one for a few months....will go ahead an start mounting the Tally Rings on the scope....

i got mine on the demo sale last year and save a couple hundred. it looked brand new when i got it
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 06:34:01 AM »
Was down in the gun room last night piddlin, as we say here in the South, and I was looking at the Tract Scope and the Talley Picatinny Rail and the High Talley Rings and I have ready for next Wednesday...went ahead and installed on the Tract Scope was my standard Vortex Can't Level, knowing that I will be tweaking it when I get the Bergara Rifle (middle of next week). My shooting buddy, Billy, is on vacation this week and he will turn 50 in a few weeks, wow, where has the time gone....so may go to the range next week probably won't...the week after for sure... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 05:06:13 AM »
Well before going to the TN Smokies Game (the lost, but it was a good close (2-1) game. And being a baseball person, and you know whether you are one or not, saw an unusual double play by the first basement. Here is the picture, runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out, and a left handed batter up....the batter hits a smoking one hopper to the first basement and he has the runner headed for home trapped between home and third...he promptly runs the runner headed back to third base and then tags out the runner heading from second to third...it is a unassisted double play by the first baseman...hummm, very interesting and very unusual....

But before the game spent a ton of time at Bud's, left the house at 3:30 PM and headed out...picked up the Bergara and and extra 308 AICS magazine that will fit about 4 of my rifles (did order another Magpul Mag Well for my 243 Rem 700 Varmint yesterday morning) but will start the process this morning mounting the 20MOA Picatinny rail on it today and that is all that I will do today moving towards mounting the scope. will mount the TRACT Toric 3-15X x 50mm before the weekend....will check the trigger out has to be 3 lbs or less, will start the measuring of me process.....while I was at Buds late yesterday picked up a medium to small bag for my Ruger LCP with it 2 extra mag and ammo...should be a good fit and will label it as well.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline WhatHitEm

• Fawn
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 06:05:27 AM »
I know how hard it can be to find the best hunting scope for your weapon. I know it was hard for me to decide what hunting optics for me to pick. In the end, it all really depends on your hunting stay and other preferences.  You will find what you like.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:44:44 AM by WhatHitEm »

Offline yari

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »
did you see the MN Twins triple play this week? i wish i could see it in slow motion. it looked to me like the 2nd base guy was safe? anyway, it was called a triple play

send a pic when you have it mounted
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
WhatHitem - Thanks for the link, I never knew that they existed and when I went to the link saw they had a bunch of ATN scope....I have a Sightmark for my night vision but did look at a few ATN before I make a decision.....humm...it going to be hard to beat a Vortex, Leupold or Tract...but I am open for suggestions...Thanks....Bo
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:17:52 PM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 03:12:16 PM »
Own two 6.5 Creedmoors. One the Bargera B14 HMR and the other is a Savage 10BA Stealth.....this past Thursday was using hand loads for the Bargera and was using and trying to shoot up some factory ammo for the Savage.....both rifles shoot phenomenal.....

So why am I hand loading when factory loads shoot this good, really don't know....but wow, they both shoot very good, see Range Results Post 7-25-2019 for the targets....either way gave me very nice results....

Did you guys know that Bargera makes a short barrel (20 inch) and call it their B14 SP and comes in 308 Win or the 6.8 CM.....hum....have a couple of crossfire scopes to choose from to sit on top of it.....think I have found my next rifle.....LOL....could Bargera be a cheap version of a Cooper?

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 06:07:55 AM »
What - You are so right, it was hard to buy and shell out that kind of money....especially when the field is crowded with so many optics....it seems like every year at the Shot Show many new optics manufacturers show up with their products! So many choices and options are available to the consumer....Way back when there was only Leupold and Redfield to choose from for most hunters. Would like to know what manufacturers were/are available to you back when you started to hunt over in Ireland. Zeiss and Swarovski? Any lesser name scope were/are available to you? please share with others of us.....

Bo 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »
Went ahead and installed the Zero Stop on the Tract Optic this morning...easy to do without any instructions. After taking it to the range 4 time and cleaning and shooting it after each time finally this week was able to fire 31 through 33 shots thought it and you can tell that it is zero in about an 1 inch high at 100 yards, so it was time that I did it....

It took about 10 minutes to do and installed 5 pieces while removing 2 pieces....if you are familiar with any Zero Stop on your scopes then you will be able to installed it a lot less than I did.....

--09--0........Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari