New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM  (Read 883 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »
It should be here this Friday, July 12th....it is their Toric UHD 3-15X x 42mm...should be a good one for the Bergara M14 HMR in 6.5 CM (Creedmoor) have plenty of bases and rings for the Toric, will need to order a Vortex Standard 1" Cant Level for it, will order 2 of them just to have one on hand.....

Ordered the TRACT Scope off the Website and will order the Bergara probably next week sometimes and have it delivered to Bud's Gun Shop in Sevierville, no tax and no shipping just paid the $949.99 and the $10 back ground check and while I am there will pick up a couple of more AICS Mags for the 6.5 CM and the old 308 Rem Varmint....

If their Toric Scope with it Schott HD glass is anything like their Bino's it will be top notch.....I also own one of their 22 Fire for CZ455 (all of the rimfire calibers).....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: TRACT Optics Riflescope for the Bargera HMR in 6.5 CM
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 06:15:21 AM »
The only down side is that it will be here this afternoon and I have to be home to sign for it.....but rather have to sign for it than to leave it to Porch Pirates....I don't think we have any problems like that, but one never knows...you got to stay aware...

Have the 1" rings already lo go and today the Tract Optics Toric scope suppose to be here and the 1" Cant level will be here tomorrow so all I am waiting on it next week to order the rifle....will keep everybody posted on the progress.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
It just came in (about an hour ago) and took it outside (deck) and gave it a quick look through. Looked from anywhere from 30 yards to to 317 yds, took the SIG Kilo 850 and measure the distance and all I can say at this point is WOW...what clarity!! I did adjust the fast focus ring and the parallax distance to 200 yards....It is just as sharp as my Leupold VX5 HD....maybe a little sharper than the Leupold...boy it is close....but for now...it is very good, clarity and sharpness with it HD Schott Glass is good for under $1000 scope.....the only thing is that Leupold has a 30mm tube and TRACT has a 1" (25.4mm) tube.....

Will go ahead and mount the Vortex cant level on it later on tonight, it also came in today...actually 3 of them came in....one goes on the TRACT and the other two 1" are spares, and sit and wait till the Bergara B14 HMR 6.5 CM....while I am at Bud's (on the 22nd) will go ahead and buy some Mag Pul 308 Win/260 Rem/6.5 CM 5 and 10 shot magazines.....

More later.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:05 PM »
I really like my toric. i'm surprised you went w them. I thought you figured they were too heavy?

I think you will be impressed. enjoy
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 04:31:05 AM »
Yari - My first TRACT Product was their Toric 8x42 Binoculars and I was impressed with them then, then about almost a year later got one of their 22Fire Rifle scopes, just to check them out and to see what kind of product they made...so far so good.....and now this TRACT Toric 3-15X x 50mm.....took the new scope outside and left it in the rain for almost 30 minutes of heavy down pours and then steady rain for another 20 minutes and it passed...then at almost dark look at it light gathering abilities and it passed! Wow, amazing that Schott Glass is!! https://www.us.schott.com/advanced_optics/english/products/optical-materials/optical-glass/optical-glass/index.html   The Toric is second plane imaging

This link provides you an explaination between first and second plane scope images: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/first-and-second-focal-plane-rifle-scopes-explaned/#axzz5tYDFauTm

The new Toric Scope is a bit heavy, more so than the Leupold, about 3 ounces more. but in the overall scheme of things that 3 ounces will not mean much too me or to anybody else...the clarity of the scope is amazing, it is sharp edge to edge, the color is bright and true. The eye relief is almost 4" which is good in mounting the Vortex Cant Level...but the weight of it (and their binoculars) is base of their ruggedness? not sure, but the old Nikon 10x40 Monarchs, the Leupold Gold Ring 8X40 and the Steiner Peregrine 8X42 mm are all heavier than other binoculars, why because they are built to take the punishment that one hands out to their equipment over the years....

So yes, Yari, I am impressed with them for the money $800 lot of scope for the money, its going to be a while to get use to it and get it setup with the Zero Stop, and the other features that came with it.....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:09:35 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
my thoughts exactly. I think I got a heck of a scope for the price

did you do a side by side w/ the leo and the swaro yet? I thought they were splitting hair close for 1/3 the price

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 02:29:20 PM »
Yari - I did with the Leupold VX5-HD 3-15X but did not do it against the Swarovski or Zeiss or Leica.....Like you say, that is one heck of a price for the quality you get.....

....but lets call them the way I am try to see them with these old eyes...tired and bloodshot and need readers to post on TH and going to need some long range glasses because this year I have notice that my distance vision is beginning to be a little fuzzy, not much, just the sharpness. But my shooting distance is only 75 to 80 yards and see them only 4 to 6 seconds maybe 15 at the most.....Just ask any of the guys in the club - Split Toe, Deerhead, Metalman, Jap51 of Cobbguy....they will all tell you the same thing...or they will say, where did that deer come from? ...LOL.... --099-780 --099-780 

I thought that both the Leupold and Tract were about the same in color rendition and the sharpness, the Leupold was a little bit brighter than the Tract was but the price for the Tract versus the Leupold was about $200 so I can live with that....I played with it today and have not tried to install the Zero Stop just yet, will do it after I get it sighted in now the elevation and wind-age setting are at "0"....

Right now, am very pleased with the new scope.....Now, I have been looking through my rings. Looks like I am going to have to buy some high rights from Leupold or Burris or Vortex...not sure which just yet...but if I would have gotten a 42mm instead of a 50mm then I would have the rings, no problem....but already have the Tally Picatinny Rail sitting and read to be installed, it has 20 MOA built in.....

I will wait till almost dark and then take the the rifles out one by one and check them again the big three....Have plenty of Nikons but nothing in the power range...just 6 or 8 of those  1.5 - 6X x 44mm, 30mm tube, Monarch Gold Plus....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »
the zero stop will be no problem. they have a video online if you want to watch before installing. enjoy
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »
Yari - OK - Thanks....I have watched the video twice now, and like you said no problem installing it, but I think I will do it after I take it to the range and get it sighted in. Have my choices of ammo from 127 gn to the 143 gn so I think I will wait until I find the right load and it tells me what it likes, maybe next spring before installing it.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 08:22:19 PM »
Bo    I'm looking forward to your opinions on both the Tract scope and the Bergara rifle. I've heard good things about both should make for a great package. I looked hard at a Bergara rifle but in the end I went another direction.    Enjoy the new toys.

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 02:59:31 AM »
Not - When i get it all put together I will head to the range with the combo....last night order more 6.5 CM brass, it will be about 2 to 3 weeks before my next post on this combo....

Yes - Have heard the same about Bergara as well, Doug Shilen (not Ed) went over to Spain and help them developed their Barrels and the rest is history, knew about the 14 Series long before it hit the streets. A friend held one in his hands before it went public. He told me that his cousin grabs his deer rifle and goes to the competition bench and shots it there as well!! Almost like a cheaper Cooper....

We will see....

Am headed to the range today and will order the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 CM tonight after the range.......should pick it up a week from tomorrow......

Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 07:28:09 PM »
Just to let you guys know, I went ahead and purchase the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 CM mid afternoon.....Will pick it up next Tuesday and start working on it Wednesday 7-24....and taking it to the range probably 2 weeks after that....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 11:03:12 PM »
Bo gives another orphan a happy home!  Hope your .308s don't get jealous of the new family member. 
 --099-780
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 07:06:23 AM »
Mad - Keep all the 308's (21 of them) in one gun safe and that keeps them away from the rest of them....LOL....

It has been about 2 years since I shot my first 308 (Remington 700 Varmint). That is the one I put the Magpul Mag Well in....works great...think I will put one in for the Remington 700 Varmint 243 Win as well.

Originally had put a Badger Ordinance well in in both the Heavy Barrel very old Rem 700 308 and the 7mm08 and had one extra magazine each back in the late 90's, each magazine holds 3 rounds and generally I would put 2 rounds (w/one round in the chamber so in all, would lose 2 rounds. So when Magpul introduce the AICS magazine design some 10 years ago, that caught my attention back then....now the 308, and 6.5 CM will have a common magazine....

Will look into the 243 and see if I can use the same magazine....same goes for the 260, but don't think if Magpul makes a AICS magazine for Savage, or does it? Would like to hear from anybody who has one and where did they get it.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
bo- i got a notice tract has a demo sale going. i saw a toric on the list if you are interested
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad