New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Reloading Scales  (Read 394 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Reloading Scales
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 01:21:00 AM »
Mad - I don't do this to every round I load up...it would take tooooo long to do...so I will choose one of two calibers a year to do this to, just checking, but load up hundreds of rounds per year...I probably shoot 500 round to one shot at one deer...LOL.....What I do it to weight the finish product once I get them all assembled the scale is right there so I will take 3 or the 10 or so rounds that I loaded up and write it down on the sheet somewhere. I don't keep it as a part of my records

Yari - Yes the last of the 10 shots that I loaded up for the Cooper Varmint 308 did end with a nice buck....here is another pix of it....

This happen in 2011 not 2012...sorry for the mix up......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »
nice looking mount
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 05:13:53 AM »
The problem with scales is that they weight differently with each power supply....know that the RCBS scales are a little big heavier (by half a grain) when using the 120 VAC than the 9V battery, same goes with the big new scales I got in....the Pocket size has only 2 AA batteries that runs it....but notice this many years ago before I got the Acculab Scales and have always use the 120 VAC plug in on it and it does have a 9V DC slot but have always preferred the 120 VAC over the 9V DC.....

Also have been getting in two sets of weights in for the new and old reloading scales, so think I am covered....LOL....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 05:58:30 AM »
Meet a guy last week at the range, that still uses the old Balance Beam RCBS scales for his reloading! Wow, I have two sets of them in a box just in case my other 4 digital scales go sideways...or I lose electricity and trying to reload with any juice!!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad