New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Hunting Season Starts July 1st - for me  (Read 107 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Hunting Season Starts July 1st - for me
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:42:37 AM »
Hunting season has always started for Dad and Me on or around July 1st. It will be here before you know it!!

Get out and dust off the compound bow and the crossbows, check the reloading center to make sure I have enough brass sized up for the coming onslaught of Range Time that will be occurring. Start checking out all the Game Trail Cameras, start buying AA and AAA batteries in large quantities..Will look at the ground blinds, and chairs that goes in them. Check out your cover scents. I know Split Toe is checking out his Tractor to ensure that it works great when we need it....check out the campers down at the hunt club, (I will do this during Work Weekend in late August) or places where you are going to put a camper. Make sure you have flashlights ready to go. I think I buy a 3 pack of flashlights each time we go to Sam's. Have so many flashlights now that the wife will take them out of our buggy/cart.....Time to take the Lawnmowers, chainsaws, Weedeaters, Machetes, Rope, Nylon Straps (for the ladder stands)....make sure you have enough spray for ticks (and we could discuss that later) and Wasp Spray for those ladder stands and those tree houses already put up in place....

Time to get the Generators in shape, start them let them run change oil and any filters in them now!! I know I will be firing up 3 Honda's this weekend and letting them run for a while just to check them out. Grab your VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) to make sure that your generators are putting out 120VAC juice. Make sure your CPAP Battery is capable of holding a charge...(I don't use one, but there are a few guys in our club that do....Make sure you have some good binos, this could be anywhere from $200 up to $2000. Make sure they are in proper working order. When I was working, I use to take each weekend and would work on an area that I need to for the upcoming year!!

What about your Truck, is it ready for the season, how is your Tires, does it leak anywhere? does you AC work, how old is your battery? This vehicle gets you to your location and back, make sure that it is in great shape for the season....I need to rotate the tires and get an old change in mine before the season starts, maybe a new fan belt...my Truck turned a 100K miles this spring and I have no reason why it won't see 200K miles on it....Love those Tundra's.....

There is always something to do....Scouting out and putting out Game Trail Cameras started around Sept 1st for Dad and I and that is a good starting point for the rest of us as well....start getting yourself in shape for the upcoming season, I know personally that I start walking a lot after the July 4th weekend....I remember when I had a time with my knees and was struggling with them, the guys in the hunt club would always make sure that I was OK especially Deerhead and Split Toe. Jap51, Metalman and Cobbguy was right behind them those two, just in case I needed their help...so yea, they are my family....

More thoughts - Time to check on your Thermacell supplies, do you have enough for the entire season....how is your rangefinder working have you picked up any new CR2 or C2032 batteries for it...how bout your scope does it need batteries, i know I always buy a 357, C2025, C2032 batteries...the 357 is for a Swarovski that I sometimes use, but I will buy a fresh battery for it as well...Make sure to reduce your footprint and scent in the woods. Is your boots have rubber souls on them? Do you have a scent lock bag to keep your clothes in them?

I am sure that I forgot many things but at least it is a start. I do this every year...now that I am retired, I can take my time and get ready for the season - Bo     

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Hunting Season Starts July 1st - for me
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:27:23 PM »
does your season actually open 7/1 or just hunting prep?? we are mid september for deer
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 08:20:50 PM »
Yari - Officially the Georgia 2019 Archery Season Starts on Saturday Sept 7th 30 minutes before sunrise (which is 6:44 AM).....that date is the date that Dad and I started getting things ready for the upcoming season....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 09:39:44 PM »
Yari - Officially the Georgia 2019 Archery Season Starts on Saturday Sept 7th 30 minutes before sunrise (which is 6:44 AM).....that date is the date that Dad and I started getting things ready for the upcoming season....

that;s what I figured. july would be early

i'm off in the AM for the cabin. cutting, soil sample and spraying weekend. I hope to get some sawing done to clean out some trails after the logging effort. I guess my season has started also
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:54:07 PM »
I use to be in the woods on opening day of Archery, but that was years ago, today I sort of wait for the last four days of Archery Season and then it rolls over to Muzzle Loader Season and that is when I hunt 3 or 4 days...then a couple of weeks later is when we have our annual 2 weeks hunt that 1 week has now turned into two weeks in the woods together....many trips for food and ice and gas for the camp generator at that time.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad