!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Tools of the Trade > Gear & Equipment

New Tipton Ultra Gun Vise

(1/2) > >>

BoBallistic:
Have a Wooden gun vise which I clean the rifles at...it stays very busy these days....and have a Tipton Standard Gun Cleaning Vise that I use for and just ordered a Tipton Ultra Gun Vise for all the maintenance of the rifles. This sucker will hold all your different type of firearms and bows of all types from Re-curve to Compound to Crossbow.....

No, I will keep my other two gun vises and just add a third one. They just get more flexible...hopefully this one will the last one I will ever need....

We will see if I like this or not, Review will take me a few months of constantly using it, then I will amend this post for the review......

Madgomer:
Anxious to hear your feedback Bo.  Is that center piece made to support an AR in the magwell?

yari:
high tech stuff. enjoy

Gutshot:
Moving on up my friend, by the time you get the review done on the third one, there will be a new, bigger and better one out there. Maybe with blue tooth to connect directly to you computer and a CD player? Voice command like Siri, "Siri, clean my rifle" "Siri, clean my pistol"  --099-780 --099-780

BoBallistic:
Mad - Yes you can put your AR style rifle in it also, go to Tipton website and check out and the video, I kept looking at it over and over for several weeks now and about 2 AM EST decided it was time, I was in a sleep stupor at the time...LOL....Since redoing the gun room and putting everything on Dollies put the original gun vise on the roll around cart, maybe I will swap it and put the new Tipton on the cart, not sure right now....but since the redesign, it has freed up a bunch of room and have room for both Tipton's in the gun room now, the original Gun Vise is still in the Garage and will stay there....

Was thinking last night after I had posted this and was trying to remember how old the gun vises are...I bet the original wooden on is probably at least 30 years old and the first Tipton I got was probably back in the 80's, so it is at least 20 years old....my oh my how things and we have changed since it first came out.....

Today On the original wooden vise I use it to clean and mount scopes and do most of my maintenance on, the second gun vise is for mounting scopes, lightening triggers, getting the rust off, but mostly cleaning......the reason why I clean out side is from a Comment when talking to Sierra Tech Support help. Don't remember how we got on the subject, but the guy at Sierra told me that he has had some live damage due to the chemicals in the solvents and the confine spaces he use to clean in.....I remember smelling the chemicals down in the room where I use to clean, not anymore, I always clean in the Garage and will open a garage door half way or all the way, just to keep fresh air in the area...

The Tipton has been OK and it sure does take up a lot of room, but since the redesign, have freed up a ton of space.....it use to be in the way when I reloaded, but now have all the room in the world to reload.....so I am thinking of putting the second Tipton OR the new Tipton Ultra on the roll around cart, so we will see.....

But it does have a AR mag well connections and a host of other type of firearms/Bows....a lot of thought went into this new Tipton Ultra.....

As I said, we shall see......

Gut - Yea I was looking for something with a CD player and was capable with Alexa...LOL....just kidding but seriously was looking for something with a couple of drawers in the bottom of it for cleaning supplies and a few hooks in the back for the cleaning rods....the Attached picture is the way mine looks today...many years ago got some hooks and installed them so I could store and use them when I need too.....

But it would be nice to have a CD player on it and be capable with Alexa....LOL.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version