New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: UTV Deaths here in TN  (Read 128 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
UTV Deaths here in TN
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »
https://www.wxii12.com/article/3-from-north-carolina-killed-1-seriously-injured-after-atv-falls-down-embankment-in-tennessee/27601700

This happen close to where I live at over the Memorial day weekend...the UTV have 4 persons in it, probably not wearing seat belts and none wearing helmets.....it rolled/went down a 100 ft embankment...so sad you cannot be too careful out there when you ride your ATV or UTV......

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: UTV Deaths here in TN
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
Well prayers to their families , yes you have to take care when your on any ATV .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
they are a lot of fun, but you still need to be careful. I've seen some terrible accidents and a couple casualties. very sad
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 07:47:37 AM »
These are serious machines.  A number of years ago a coworkers daughter died on an ATV.  She locked the front break at speed.  The ATV landed on top of her and broke her neck.  I know another H.S. friend was riding a 3-wheeler (yes it was more than a few years a go LOL)  and a deer ran into him.  It put him in the hospital for a week.   
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »
Loving the outdoors and many us have rode on them countless times, this is heartbreaking. Just trying to enjoy the outdoors but so totally avoidable. Yes, prayers to the families involved but use common sense, please!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
I've had many close calls, mostly performing very slow maneuvering around obstacles.  A 500#+ object can cause a lot of damage even at slow speeds.  We had a guy up at our camp that rolled one a few years ago. Not going too fast, just caught a rut that caught him off guard and roled the atv breaking his pelvis. 

My 420 is a torquey beast, and is considered small.  Those 700cc+ machines are scarry fast and strong, more so than most people fully realize.

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

New Page 3

Google Ad