New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Does anyone own a Massimo UTV  (Read 93135 times)

Offline Tunamam

• Fawn
Re: Does anyone own a Massimo UTV
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »
I know this is an old topic but I'm new and just now saw it. I'd simply like to say I bought a new 2016 Massimo MSU 800.  I'll admit the price had a lot to do with buying this as compared to Ranger, Polaris to any of the other brand names. Also I liked the fact it's just overall smaller than most of the rest but yet it's a side by side. It came with full windshield, roof and winch which on many are options. I walked out several thousand dollars cheaper than anything else on the market.
     I have used this machine hard and a lot! I clear old trails and roads on my lease. Tow 8-10ft hardwood logs with it all the time. It has run in over a foot of mud and water 1 1/2 ft deep MANY times.  Some call these machines Chinese machines. Let me just ask were all the parts on your American made machine or trucks made in America...let me answer....no. Most of these machines parts were made in Japan and assembled here in America by American workers.
    After 3 yrs I have had problems, if you want to call it that. Ignition switch, and the bracket that holds the shifter. I can order ANY part on the machine online. So anyone says these are junk and you can't get parts I will differ!!  Go ahead spend $3000-$4000 more for a bigger machine that will NOT go down some of the trails I use, probably with a smaller engine.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your 2016 Massimo MSU 800

The new China tariffs may reduce the price point advantage.

If I find a club in Florida for hunting  I likely will buy used if I find the club is too big to walk most likely  I will only buy one of the better known brands with local service
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »
welcome to the forum. thx for the info

like you said, not much made here(that could change) I remember my 1st dodge ram. when I asked when I could pick it up, they told me it was coming from mexico @--0--0105 I asked if it came was a tequila bottle --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2019, 06:55:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the information on your Massimo, I don't care what brand UTV anyone is running, if they are used like you are using yours, things are going to break, wear out or get damaged and general repairs will be required. I also agree that you can get all the parts needed online and do your own repairs if you have the required skills. With YouTube now, you can find a how too for nearly anything. Looking forward to your input on TH, Thanks again for joining us around the campfire.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline mikevmx

• Fawn
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 05:18:38 PM »
  I own a Massimo UTV.  It is an MSU 500.  I have had it almost a year now and I have 800 miles on it mostly in the trails and in the woods.  some miles on dirt roads also.  Mostly single lane trails out in the woods in Northern Michigan.  It has held up real well and I have only had a problem with a grease fitting so far. 

New Page 3

Google Ad