New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: took the 'anchor' along today  (Read 345 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: took the 'anchor' along today
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »
we had another fun outing. 86 degrees and a 12-15mph wind from the south. not ideal for walleye, but we wanted to get some dinner. I got a new fish breading recipe I want to try. if it's as good as it sounds, i'll post it

here are the results: a shoe, 2 clams, a stripe bass, a 26" sheephead(I wish I had a scale. it was huge and put up a 5 minute fight) 3 short walleyes and 2 eaters(16-17". perfect for a meal)

brenda called it and started heckling my ability to provide for the family. @--0--0105 i said we will get one in the next 50 yards or let the lone wallye go. right then, i hooked the sheepehead. that was fun. i put on another crawler and whammo. another walleye. i did my best pro bass fisherman impression. hooting and hollering and beating my chest. brenda thought it was pretty funny. it was payback for the heckling.  @--0--0105 another boat just gave us a goofy look. what the heck, if you can't have fun why are you alive? it was the last minute meal saver @--0--0105

tight lines
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline yari

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 09:54:36 PM »
6/13/19 what a night! the first thing I caught was a frabil power catch net. I believe they are about $200. it came up from 20' on 6# pline. man it was heavy since it was full of water. the next thing i caught was a custom color crankbait. i was on a roll!

the gravel lizards were hungry at first. i caught 9 shorts, a smallie and 2 keepers(17",18") that was in 2 hours then nothing

the no wake is finally lifted! it was like the ocean out there. the tuna boats were cranking. it's a good thing i have a good stomach because it was rocky and roling out there. summer is officially here

tight lines
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 08:02:29 AM »
Sorry to hear your peaceful waters are gone but I'm really happy to see the river start to drop.  Has been a tough spring for anyone trying to make a living close to the Mississippi.  Enjoy that new net Yari!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 09:08:31 PM »
I took off at 3:00 today. I had 2 in the box in 1/2 hour. that's all I wanted for dinner tomorrow. I let go 2 bigs(20,21") 7 shorts, 6 sunnies, 5 rock bass, 2 perch, 5 smallies, and a sheephead. It was a typical 'summer bite'. lots of fish, but not exactly what you are looking for. it's always fun feeding the fish

I got spoiled early w/ a solid walleye bite and not much else stealing bait.

tight lines all
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
Sounds pretty good Yari!  Are you throwing artificials, dragging nightcrawlers on a drop shot, or ??? 

Will be curious to see how the fish behave next week when I go up to Farm Island - haven't been able to get a lot of info yet from the other guys that will be up there.  Sounds like the water is a bit murky - not sure what the depth & weed situation is like.  Will hopefully have a good report to share in about a week.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »
dragging crawlers. they were spread out this time and had to cover water. i think i'll try spinner/crawler next time.

i would think spinner/crawler or leech near weed edges would work up there. if they are concentrated, jig them up. good luck
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline yari

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »
I really need to put the cam in the boat instead of just my wife's cell phone picks. we battled 10-15 mph wind and tuna boats today, but it was nice to get out. I talked to 4 other boats and no walleye, so I guess I did OK

5 walleye- 2 bigs(22,23- the 23 fought like a 7-8 pounder) 3 shorts

first kitty cat of the year, smallie, 2 perch, sheephead

it was slow, but nice to be out. it might be my last time out until after LOTW musky 7/5. cabin work hopefully next weekend weather permitting

tight lines all
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad