New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Recent Bass Fishing!  (Read 241 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Recent Bass Fishing!
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
After turkey season it took me a lot of time to clean, repair and store all my gear. Then I got into painting my house foundation as well as our out building where we house our lawnmowers and snow blower. Finally got out to my favorite fishing hole, actually my favorite fishing reservoir! Got a nice 16 inch in the morning along with three others which is a pretty good morning for me. I went back in the evening and the fish were not actively feeding. It was getting dark and I asked God if I could just have on fish because I don't like being skunked. Then I thought, it won't hurt to get skunked once in a awhile. It's not life or death, I just don't like getting skunked but it happens! Right after I asked God for a fish and accepted the fact that I might be skunked He gave me this nice 17 inch largemouth! He sure is good! He loves us even when we are fishing! I've also included some morning pics because it is so peaceful. I love having a hot cup of coffee from my thermos just to take in all that God has allowed us to enjoy before I throw my first line out!  It was a good day on the water!

16 inch in the morning!

17 inch in the evening

17 inch evening

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: Recent Bass Fishing!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
Good stuff BC, the beauty of God's creation is overwhelming at times.  On gorgeous mornings like that I consider any fish or game as just icing on the cake.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
Congrats on a beautiful day on the water!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
Congrats on a great day outdoors fishing .  @--0--0118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 07:14:44 PM »
nice fish. congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline WhatHitEm

• Fawn
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 12:56:23 AM »
Nice catch. @--0--0130 Your setup must be top. I am currently in the process of choosing a reel for my rod. In lame man terms, a fishing reel is a mechanical instrument which holds and spools out the fishing line. The fishing reels have a braking system, a handle to retrieve fishing line and bracket to fasten with the rod. I was browsing many places such as https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-spincast-reels and Abu Garcia did catch my attention. A fishing reel lets you slow down a running fish, thanks to its brake. A better reel gives you more control over the fishing line in the way they are laid and while retrieving. It's quite necessary.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:14:36 AM by WhatHitEm »

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
Beautiful fishing spot BC and those are some nice fish!!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:11 AM »
If the truth be known, my reel and rod came from Wal Mart and the spinning reel is from Shakespeare. It's not the world's most expensive set up but I am a recreational fisherman. I have also come to discover that fish really don't care what name is on the side of the rod or reel or how much you paid for it or how fancy I look. The right lure with the right presentation and the fish will bite. I have often said I could use a large stick with a line tied to it and still catch nice fish! I'm just a simple guy that loves to fish!! And I'm not knocking those of you that want better quality and have better rods and reels than I do. If it works for me, then let the line fly!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

New Page 3

Google Ad