New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: took the 'anchor' along today  (Read 1680 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
took the 'anchor' along today
« on: May 25, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
my wife and I hit the river this morning. the wind was a little brisk8-12mph), but a great morning. I got another 6 fish limit. I also let a striper, 5 shorts go and one 19 1/2". the flow is incredible. still 3-4' over flood stage and no wake. of course there are the idiots in tuna boats wide open. I can't figure out why the DNR has it no wake and is nowhere to be found to enforce? they could make a mint

the 'anchor' did great. she had no mis-nets and kept the beverages coming. --099-780 there is a good amount of ribbing going on when we hit the river.

tomorrow is supposed to be perfect. little breeze and 70's. i'm already waiting to get out. it's just beautiful and there are no bugs.

tight lines everyone
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

took the 'anchor' along today
« on: May 25, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: took the 'anchor' along today
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »
Sounds great Yari, always important to have a good anchor along!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:14:54 PM »
Sounds like a great day of fun anchor and all... @--0--0105 Best of luck tomorrow!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 04:33:53 PM »
Sounds like you both had a blast!! ##$%#11
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »
Hope you nailed them today.  Let us know, but......we must insist on pictures for verification.  @--0--0123 @--0--0123 @--0--0123

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
ben- the only pics are on the bosses phone. I have no idea how to put the pics on here from a phone. ##$%#15 @--0--0129

it was a perfect day low 70's and slight wind. I would take that all summer long! the current was crazy today. I was using a lindy rig and crawler, which you have to feed line before setting the hook. I had a tough time hooking up. the current would grab the line and I would have no idea where the fish was going. i'm sure I haven't missed that many fish in one day before. I was really burning bait. the 'anchor' has heckling me pretty hard @--0--0105 I deserved every bit of it ^^&&$%GT

I let go 8 shorts, a 19 1/2", a 22". I kept an 18 1/2, 17 1/2, 15" and a 16" sauger. it was my first sauger of the year and first +20". it was a great day, but I know I lost 5 fish for every 1 I caught and that is generous. I tried every trick I knew, but fed a lot of walleyes @--0--0117
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 01:42:44 AM »
Yari - Sounds like you guys (you and your anchor) had a great time on the river - but beware of Payback time somewhere down the road!! Like going to the Opera or to a broadway musical......just beware.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
Yari - Sounds like you guys (you and your anchor) had a great time on the river - but beware of Payback time somewhere down the road!! Like going to the Opera or to a broadway musical......just beware.....

not a chance pay back. she really enjoys the river. she reads and takes pics until I hook-up or need a beverage @--0--0105
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 04:58:58 PM »
I think I will use this post as a journal for the river trips.

Brenda and I went out today. it was a little rough w/ 10-15 mph wind out of the NNW. I put 2 in the box early. the wind was totally wrong w/ the wind pushing the same direction as the current. I finally decided to give up the fight and minimize the wind. there weren't as many fish, but I put one more in the box. in total, I let go 8 shorts, 2 sheephead, a smallie, perch, and a rock bass.

we had the river to ourselves. the no-wake is keeping everyone away. I LOVE IT. I told the anchor this will really help the population next year. w/ so little pressure, there aren't many walleyes being taken. it has to be less than 10% of normal.

tight lines
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »
Yeah Yari, I do wonder what that will mean for the population.  Don't know how it impacts the spawn.
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
mad- this year's spawn is long over. I figure next years spawn should be great. there should be a lot more fish to spawn since there are so few being caught right now. this is the easiest time to catch them. by mid-June, the walleye pressure ready goes down on the river. the way it's going, the no-wake will go at least until mid-June

when do you go to Red Lake? swing by and i'll take you out. tell the warden I won't throw you over @--0--0105
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 06:22:01 AM »
Sounds like a great day Yari hope you have plenty more!!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
mad- this year's spawn is long over. I figure next years spawn should be great. there should be a lot more fish to spawn since there are so few being caught right now. this is the easiest time to catch them. by mid-June, the walleye pressure ready goes down on the river. the way it's going, the no-wake will go at least until mid-June

when do you go to Red Lake? swing by and i'll take you out. tell the warden I won't throw you over @--0--0105
The fishing trip is coming up on about June 22.  We're actually going to be on Farm Island Lake, rather than Red Lake, my mistake.  I scrounged around on the web to find some fishing reports - doesn't sound like they have much in the way of big fish, but it appears the quantity is decent. 
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 11:05:40 AM »

The fishing trip is coming up on about June 22.  We're actually going to be on Farm Island Lake, rather than Red Lake, my mistake.  I scrounged around on the web to find some fishing reports - doesn't sound like they have much in the way of big fish, but it appears the quantity is decent.

wow, you were only off by a couple hundred miles --099-780 at least you had MN right--099-780

that's good news for you. that will be a lot closer. don't be afraid to go to mille lacs and fish some smallies(if you like smallie fishing) it is truly world class

if you want to hit the st croix going or coming back, let me know. your MN license works for the st croix. i need to spray the fields for fall planting at the cabin around that time, but if it works out great.
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 05:17:35 PM »
OK thanks for the offer, will let you know if I can work it out.  May have a passenger on the way back depending on how everyone's travel plans sort out.
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad