New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Rossi handgun recall  (Read 282 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Rossi handgun recall
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 12:44:16 PM »
thx for the ideas.

where did the idea of DEEP POCKETS  come from?   @--0--0117 @--0--0117 look what you started Bo @--0--0105 heck, i still have to work to make sure you all get your ss checks @--0--0100

i'm not going to go nuts. it's going to be a worker. i'm leaning toward a semi. i've carried the 357 on my side for 15 years and only played john wayne one time and scared the crap out of the invader. (*&^&%# (*&^&%# it will take some abuse since i use it for woods and field work, but will have very limited actual use. it's a security blanket in case i become the hunted

gut- i'm surprised you can hit a 55 gallon drum at 20 yards w/ the .410? i bought some bird shot for my .44 and it was a total spray w/ a 7" barrel. at 10 yards i would just shot around red squirrels. i saw the pattern in the snow. i was really disappointed
Yari you can find some good deals on Ruger Blackhawks in .357 if you go with another wheel gun. I just saw one on an auction site start at 300.00 first bid and the pistol looked great, it had some use marks on it but not bad- Just an idea.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »
thx blue- i'll probably go new unless something falls into my hands. cabin work starts in a couple weeks. not a lot of time to shop and I don't want to be naked w/o protection
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:14:40 AM »
thx blue- i'll probably go new unless something falls into my hands. cabin work starts in a couple weeks. not a lot of time to shop and I don't want to be naked w/o protection

--7-8-9    ##$%#12   not what I need to see   @--0--0102    ##$%#1118 
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 02:12:15 AM »
I remember when Rossi use to be an big importer of wheel pistols, and I won a few of them. Bought the before the 97 sale to Taurus.....Like many of you I don't not have a problem with the pistols, I use to reload my pistol ammo (still have some of the dies and powder around) but today I don't reload my own pistols and have switched to Standard ammo for them....I won one each of them - a 38 Special and a 357 Mag...

Flint, CCI has known about the bird shot problem with their Shot Shell Ammo line for years, so now they have come out with #4 shot that will penetrate a lot deeper than the old bird shot did, I have already switch the ammo in all of my Wheel revolvers that I have at strategic location around the house. Also have purchase 3 judges and a public defender all of them have the special ammo with disc and shot in them....wish they made a 2" version for them, but my first judge has a 6.5" barrel, good enough to do some rabbit hunting with it...LOL, but did shoot some #6 in it and the range was surprisingly good with it....but the other two Judges (5 shot) are the standard 3" barrel and the S&W Public Defender (6 shot) has the standard 3" long barrel configuration....Check out the available ammo for the wheel guns.... 
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad