New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Tagged Out in PA!  (Read 82 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Tagged Out in PA!
« on: May 08, 2019, 09:51:24 PM »

Second PA Gobbler Down!

I am indeed a blessed man! I have a God that loves me and a wife that understands my passion for the outdoors. That's really blessed because I spend a lot of time in the turkey woods this time of year!
 I was hunting this morning in Clearville, PA in the same area where I shot the gobbler on April 29th. I was in the woods and ready to go around 5:45AM right before daybreak and hadn't heard a gobble all morning. When you know there are turkeys in that area, your best plan is to just sit tight and see what comes around. For whatever reasons, turkey gobblers will walk around quietly and just suddenly show up out of seemingly nowhere. You need a lot of patience and a comfortable seat!
 Around 11:10 I noticed movement to my left from behind me. I noticed three jakes (young gobblers) and a hen coming in not more than 10 yards from me.They milled in and around a small creek behind me that separates Maryland from Pennsylvania. They started to leave and I thought if I could call them back, actually the largest one, I would take a shot if he gave me the opportunity. I used my Cutter Magnum mouth call from Hardy's Custom Calls and the jake came back! It was difficult to wait as there were four sets of eyes watching everywhere. I let him walk out for awhile until it was safe to take the shot and down he went! I am now officially tagged out in Pennsylvania! That means that in the Spring Gobbler season in PA, with a special second tag, you are allowed to harvest two male turleys, which I have.
 Let me repeat, I am a blessed man! Thank you Jesus!

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Tagged Out in PA!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 08:18:16 AM »
Congrats!!! I hunted the first week in Pa and them birds were hen tight and closed mouthed, of the 3 birds taken only one mine was before 10am. Tough hunting when they ain't gobblin"
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 09:47:59 AM »
Congrats on the bird .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »
nice work. congrats

we had 2 1/2" of rain and 30's yesterday. there were 2 lone toms in the filed by my office all day. they didn't move much at all. this season would have been good w/ hens on nests
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »
Congrats, BC!  Great story.  I wish it was legal to tske two toms in the spring, in Michigan.  Btw, last monday afternoon, there was a nice mature tom strutting and parading for a reluctact hen, in our backyard.  We're watching them from the house.  Of course, they fled when I took Shiloh out for her walk.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
That is a special season to savor! Congrats!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »
Congrats on another fine PA bird, now stay on your side of the boarder and give the rest of us a chance.  @--0--0105

This has been a great year for you and the thunder chickens. Good eating  --9-908
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine