New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Blaser R93  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Blaser R93
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »
The small number of Blasers I've gotten to see had beautiful walnut on them - very nice looking guns end to end.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 07:28:02 AM »
Mad - This is all I can afford is the two Fiberglass stocks, the guy in Anchorage had a wooden Blaser R93 Stock on Gunbroker and he wanted $1400 for it....ouch!! so I decided that the $700 stock is just as good as the $1400 is for, but I know what you mean, the Wooden stock are very beautiful when they arr mounted on a rifle....but now I have three R93 Blasers that are functional and they work just fine for me.....

I switched barrels between the 243 and the 280 and that is where I left it, then got to thinking about it yesterday and looked at the magazine in each (243 and the 280) and found out that I did not change them out!! I now have the correct Barrel, Magazine and Bolt head for each rifle in its proper place....now last year I had the 243 at the range and had the correct magazine but decided to change those after the 2019-2020 deer season, but the dufus thing about it  is that I did not change the magazine when I did so it has been several months that the wrong magazine was with the wrong barrel....daaaa....on me, but as I write this today that they all have the correct barrel and magazine and bolt head configuration!! and since I took the pictures, I have installed the Vortex Can't Level (my standard cant level) on all three rifles....

Yari and Mad - thanks for being with me on all the trials and tribulations that has occurred during this Journey.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 09:55:43 PM »
Yeah Bo - I'm sure once you start swapping parts from gun to gun you really need to step back and think through the result to make sure you end up with a functional and safe configuration.  Sweating those little details is pretty important.

I'm going through a little of that now as I'm contemplating building a 9mm pistol on an AR platform.  It's not hard to put together, but the options for different upper & lower receivers, braces, barrel lengths, bolts, buffers, magazines, etc on the AR9 are a bit trickier than for a standard 5.56/.223 AR15 in order to make sure you have a functional firearm at the end of the day.   
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »
Mad - I thought of doing that but instead back in the mid 70's got a Marlin Camp 9 and got a pair of S&W 32 round magazine that fit right up into the Marlin...but I am glad that I did...back in the 90's put a folding stock on it also...and got a High Point 9mm Carbine and Pistol for home protection, the same magazine will fit up into each other mag well just fine and have about 8 extra 10 shot magazines for both...

I have been thinking of building a short 9mm AR style rifle, after building a 300BO and a 6.8 SPC II and a 6.5 Grendel, think I could handle just one more...maybe a 9mm LOL... using the same S&W magazine that I use for the Camp 9 Marlin...just a thought..... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2020, 05:36:32 PM »
Yeah Bo, it was some of your posts here about that Camp 9 and some others about the High Point carbine a year or two ago that got me thinking about this.  Also seeing a lot of positive press on Rugers new PC Charger platform, which actually switched my focus from a 9mm carbine build to a braced pistol.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 10:07:33 AM »
Mad - There is another older guy (and I am 70)...LOL....who is also building a 9mm on an AR platform, last year he built a 300 AAC using Aero Precision parts and he lives in Chattanooga and we have been emailing back and forth about his 9mm.

Think a short 9mm pistol like a 12" or so, version would make a perfect home defense weapon....I was just down in the gun room yesterday looking at both the Camp 9 and the High Point rifles and both are still in good shape....even thought I bought the Marlin Camp 9 from Service Merchandise when they were closing at Gwinnett Mall in Atlanta back in the 80's...where has the time gone....

today I have revolvers scattered around the house and I use the #4 CCI shot in all of them (along with the 357 mag or 38+P rounds), have a 9mm semi in the gun room load with expanding ammo from Hornady (Critical Defense) ammo....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:18 PM »
Bo - I was wanting to build with a 12" barrel, but so far all I can find in stock are 10.5" or shorter.  May go the 10.5 route.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
Mad - Do it!! That would be so cool to build....you might be giving some ideas here.... ##$%#1119
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2020, 08:35:41 PM »
Yeah - thinking a Glock compatible AR9, 10.5" barrel, side charging upper with last round bolt hold open feature, and a tailhook brace.  I'll probably put a red dot on it, or a green laser (or both).  Need to get the handguard figured out, but aside from that the plan is mostly together.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 08:20:19 AM »
Mad - make sure it is a 10.5" heavy barrel....I was watching Shooting USA on TV last night when I notice that the new 2020 shot show pistols and the expensive ones were going with Heavy Barrels!! with a 11 degree crown, these were the standard pistol (9mm, 40 Smith, 45ACP, etc) and the worst part was the price, all of them were north of $2500 ouch, which puts them out of my reach....   
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
I'm pretty tight Bo, won't be spending that kind of money!  But the AR9 parts are indeed pricey, not as many producers flooding the market as there are for AR15 or even AR10 components.  It will still probably take 800 in parts to put it together.  I see the PCC (pistol caliber carbine) and AR pistol market continuing to heat up though, so expect to see more component producers ramping up while the profit potential exists.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2020, 06:32:00 PM »
The 300 WSM Blaser R93 is beginning to shoot pretty darn good, it is the latest of the 3 Blaser R93 that I own. I have a feeling the more I shoot this rifle the more accurate it become.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad