New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Blaser R93  (Read 1726 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Blaser R93
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »
Dutch - Thanks for the post....Your K77 is very beautiful as well as very accurate....thanks for the post. You told me a long time ago, but what was the caliber that your K77 is ?? Did not know that one gunsmith builds it and the shoots it from start to finish...wow, learn something everyday....

This is the reason why I am sending back the 300WSM barrel, because it is not accurate. The hand loads and the factory loads both the 165 and the 180 grain are giving me 3 to 4" groups at 100 yards and the other two that I own, the 243 and the 280 are tack drivers, meaning one holders!!! So, there is something wrong somewhere.....

Now all I got to do is to put the barrel in a box and ship it back to them and see what they have to say.....probably cost me a bundle, but it might be worth it.......

Here is a link to what a $125K Blaser looks like, too deep for these shallow pockets, maybe Dutch or Yari or someone with deep pockets.....
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806989411

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:45:59 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 08:29:24 PM »
Dutch - Thanks for the post....Yours K75 is very beautiful as well as very accurate....thanks for the post. You told me a long time ago, but what was the caliber that your K77 is ?? Did not know that one gunsmith builds it and the shoots it from start to finish...wow, learn something everyday....

This is the reason why I am sending back the 300WSM barrel, because it is not accurate. The hand loads and the factory loads both the 165 and the 180 grain are giving me 3 to 4" groups at 100 yards and the other two that I own, the 243 and the 280 are tack drivers, meaning one holders!!! So, there is something wrong somewhere.....

Now all I got to do is to put the barrel in a box and ship it back to them and see what they have to say.....probably cost me a bundle, but it might be worth it.......

Here is a link to what a $125K Blaser looks like, too deep for these shallow pockets, maybe Dutch or Yari or someone with deep pockets.....
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/806989411

there is obviously a typo above. yari+deep pockets?  --099-780 --099-780 I wish. I still clip coupons @--0--0100 @--0--0100
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »
LOL - Yea, Yari know what you mean, if you remember "Dennis the Menace" cartoon strip that appeared back in the paper in the 70's, there was a toon that asked what if for dinner, and Dennis replied "Whatever mom has a coupon for"....LOL... ##$%#1119

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 06:35:34 AM »
Made a executive decision!! Going to finish up the Blaser's before moving onto the Savage 220....have finished up the 243 Win and the 280 Rem Blaser's just the other day put the wood stock on the 280 Remington, it was on the 243 Win, but since I love the 280 Rem, thought I would put it on and leave it on the 280 Rem. and put the Black Fiberglass stock on the 243 if you look at the photos just swap the stock on the rifles.....

Yesterday went ahead and found a R93 stock (another Black Fiberglass) to finish out the 300 WSM. I have the barrel, the magazine, the bolts head, the bolt handle and the bolt itself all sitting and waiting. So during the last couple of months, have been thinking about these items. Do I go ahead and buy the Savage 20 gauge slug gun OR do I finish off the Blaser's. I sided with the Blaser.....All of this started mulling over in the old hard drive when I was doing the Remington modification. If you guys remember, I installed the Magpul Magazine Wells (P5) Kits in three of my older Remington, the 243 Win, 7mm08 Rem and the 308 Win....blame it on them...LOL...

Now the cheapie $850 stock with the trigger in it, has to go through the FFL before it gets to me so I can finish putting together the three Blaser's that I have....

The first one was the 243 with the wooden stock and it shot great! from the first shots to last year, the little 243 shot extremely well. Next I got a 280 Rem and got a Black Fiberglass stock for $2K last year...I thought I was through, but no not Bo....so when it is all said and done will have three Blaser's R93 in the inventory.....pictures to follow when the new stock comes in and then assemble to take place!! Wish me luck....

Be safe and sane out there....it's crazy.....Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 06:51:54 AM »
Bo,
When I read the below, my first thought was - is Bo going for that also??   ##$%#1119  :2)

The successor of R93, Blaser R8, was introduced in 2008. Production of the R93 ended around 2016/2017.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 07:22:34 AM »
PJ - I know, I know, better get the spare parts now, if I'm going to do so.......before the R93 (1993), there was the R84 (1984) and I do have a Sauer 200 that was also introduced in 1984 as well....got the Sauer 200 back in 1985 or 86 in the 30-06 configuration. About 91 or 92 decided to get another barrel for it, wanted a 280 Rem but they were out, next was a 270 Win but they were also out of it, so I asked what caliber do you have left that would fit the Sauer 200 - the nice lady told me that they had a 25-06 Rem, so I got it....4 months later is showed up from Germany...LOL...But anyway, know I have some ancient rifles in the Blasers R93 and the Sauer 200. All the Blaser's and Sauer's are very nice rifles and all of them are very accurate....

Stay safe and sane out there.....Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 10:47:57 AM »
It all sounds good Bo. I hope the 300wsm shoots well. My Tikka shoots lights out at 250 yds with 180 factory Federal ammo so I know the .300wsm will shoot accurately.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 07:41:20 PM »
Blue - Thanks for your post. My other 300 WSM (always like to have a back up) is a Nosler TGR 48 topped with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X with their version of the BDC...and took it to South Africa on two Safaris...my Nosler shoots 7/8" group at 200 yards using 180 gn Barnes TSX bullets...which I thought was amazing.....

I have hear a lot of good things about a Tikka, I don't own one but have been thinking about them....maybe just one more 308.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
Blue - Thanks for your post. My other 300 WSM (always like to have a back up) is a Nosler TGR 48 topped with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X with their version of the BDC...and took it to South Africa on two Safaris...my Nosler shoots 7/8" group at 200 yards using 180 gn Barnes TSX bullets...which I thought was amazing.....

I have hear a lot of good things about a Tikka, I don't own one but have been thinking about them....maybe just one more 308.....
I only have the one but I am happy with it all around. It does have some recoil because it is so lite but it ain't bad. I got a Busnell Trophy 3X9X40 mounted to it is about 15 years old. I could get it hitting further out with a better scope but I don't have to shoot that far where I hunt. On the bear hunts i take 100 yds is a far shoot and the hog hunts I have been on ta long shot was 150. So unless I book an Elk hunt I think I am good. Now I could get the itch in a couple of years when I retire to make it a long distance shooter.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »
I agree - Thanks for sharing.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2020, 08:00:43 PM »
Had to go into the gun store and sort of explain why you have to send a copy of the store receiving the stock a copy of their FFL....it is because of the trigger is. And in this case the Trigger is located in the stock, yes I said in the stock...the Blaser System is unique at best so had to explain it to the guys whom worked in the store, none of them had ever seen a stock with a trigger in it....hopefully it will come in and everything will be fine, but will not exhale until I see it myself. I will post pictures of all three Blasers.

While I was there they had a Vortex Diamondback Scope 4-12X x 40mm, 1" tube for $200, so I bought it, last one at that price....

Don't know about yawl, but I have been keeping out of the wifey sight by staying down in the gun room, reloading and setting up a computer and radio in it...just a laptop down in there and an old Sony radio that despite it being 40 years old still works just fine with me....

Also have been reloading a lot lately...some 25-06 Rem, some 7mm-08 Rem, 243 Win, 280 Rem and 280 AI, 338 Federal, 30-06 Spfld and even some 308 Win....so have been busy. Plan on going to the range once this approaching storm passes.....say about Tuesday or Wednesday....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2020, 04:23:07 AM »
Still having trouble with the FFL will try again today and see if I can straighten this mess out. The stock has been boxed up and is ready to be shipped! just needs a FFL to ship it to. Remember had trouble with the FFL on the other stock that I got in. People just don't believe that you can have a stock with the trigger built into the stock portion of the rifle....will keep you posted on it....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 06:06:33 AM »
Finally went with another FFL dealer in my area (Oak Ridge), so the stock is on its way...yea...it was strange to explain to someone that has never seen a stock with a Trigger built into it...but hopefully it is in some belly of a plane on it way here to the lower 48 and then truck its way to TN....and when it does arrive, will finally put together the third Blaser R93 that I own....sure it ancient but it is still a very nice rifle...

Will post some pictures of all three of the Blaser's R93 after it is all said and done....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »
Now my Blaser Collection is complete....got all three rifles complete and ready to rock....got in the Blaser R93 stock in this morning and after getting back home, put it all together.....have forgotten what a wonderful piece of engineering they are.....now have from left to right is the 243 Win, the 280 Rem (wooden stock) and the 300WSM on the right had side. It has been a long journey from the first one about 10 years ago to today where they are old, but good, no great shooters......so my journey has taken me to Arizona and Alaska to get it complete...not bad for going from one Blaser R93 and then adding parts and pieces for the 280 Rem and the 300 WSM...to having three complete rifles ready to shoot....also put the Vortex Cant Level on all three of them....had put one previously on the 300 WSM and today added them on the two 1 inch scopes....The 300 WSM has a 24" barrel and a Swarovski 30mm tube 3-12X x50mm scope on it....all have been bore sighted and the can't level has to be adjusted and next week will head to the range to see what I got....

Enjoy
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari