New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: I ain't gonna complain!!!! Modified  (Read 236 times)

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
I ain't gonna complain!!!! Modified
« on: April 17, 2019, 01:46:25 PM »
MUCH!!!!

BUT!!!

I hate fishin' with SLACKERS!!!!!

Once again this year I (you know me the old guy) had to put 2/3's of the fish in the box at WalleyeBlast. At least Gut helped out with 1! You do the math~ How many did I git?! At least last year Jap caught more than I did but the two of us had to carry the SLACKERS! It ain't that hard, take you a rod add you reel, wad up some line on it then put you a hook at the end of said wad, toss it in the darn lake and bring you in some fish! I mean really even a blind squirrel finds him some nuts.

Now don't even git me started on the captain ALWAYS tellin' us "shoulda been here last week", or my favorite  "The day after yawl left"...."WE KILLED IT, LIMITED OUT BEFORE BREAKFAST!!!" I smell a little mutiny on Big Erie!  --7-8-9##$%#112 Inventory the PFD's first! )

Don't get me wrong it's always a great time, the fellowship is USUALLY top notch ('cept fer Gut a coarse). But they just CAIN'T take a little friendly ribbin' and CAIN'T CATCH NO DERN FISH !!!!! Then there's Popsicle (Split Toe) just stands around a shivers! C'mon man grow you a set.... of thermals!!!!!!

Ok enough funnin'! 

I had to leave early because of a minor medical issue with Mrs. DH. (my very own hand selected SLACKER!  @--0--0129 ) The time spent at this annual event is so rewarding just being with other TH brothers. Always have a super great time and if there's fish in the box at the end of the day that's icing on a good time. Congrats to Metalman he broke the ice and boxed his first Erie walleye this morning.  @--0--0118  Fishin' in my spot on the boat with my rod! Maybe it is the equipment?  ##$%#112  ???  @--0--0117  @--0--0102

Thanks for another really great time.

@--0--0101  ^^&&$%GT Tomorrow! Dutch OUT........

Added modification: Everything above is meant a a joke. As sportsman we all know far too well that weather and conditions are unpredictable. Especially when events are planned so far in advance. The lake this year had a lot of mud blown into from that huge storm that blew threw Saturday. Fishing or hunting with very good friends is meant to strengthen bonds. We all greatly enjoy the friendship we've made. When we have a get together any fish caught or game harvested is a bonus to a good time. I truly hope that my attempt in humor wasn't viewed or understood as an actual rant or complaint. If it was so perceived I'm sorry it was not my intention. I reread and can see how this could be obvious reaction. I didn't take into consideration the "you had to be there" aspect. Again I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I always enjoy these times with my friends. I would gladly drive through another blizzard like Illinois had Sunday or the monsoon that "Dr. Drip" brought to Georgia to spend time with my TH friends.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:35:29 PM by Dutch-Hunter »
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: I ain't gonna complain!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
Sounds like you had fun away Dutch .  @--0--0123
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:10:10 PM »
wow, that is some tough fishin or some.....  @--0--0105 maybe next year.

I hope mrs dh is ok
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
I don't see any mention of knuckles in that rant!!
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• Doin' what I love!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35:48 PM »
Of course there were knuckles MIB we weren't going to ruff it. We really missed you man just not the same without you. Those of you that don't know me should understand that I never let up on my jabbing at anyone and anytime. We really had a wonderful time. As per the norm. Can't ever find a better bunch of people than THer's. This post was just poking fun and continuing the get together.

We did a little reminiscing. At the SummerBlast at Bugfixer's house. When Lee and I made the chicken run to the local store. The sales girl was flabbergasted when we told her we'd like to buy ALL the fried chicken. She even asked us twice to make sure we wanted All of the chicken. Then when Mrs. MIB threatened Bo in the bidding war over Sharon's last afghan in the auction. TH memories are very special just like our people.

Split Toe and Metalman were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic in Cincinnati on their way home when I called them.
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

Offline yari

Re: I ain't gonna complain!!!! Modified
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 07:29:44 PM »
any pics?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »
Ah, I should have known that our lovely weather on Sunday had something to do with DH!   Dang, you really gotta warn us next time before you jump over the border Dutch!   Snow is all gone, mid 70's the last two days, Dutch must have gone back via another route?

Hope you guys found a couple of fish to fry up, but the worst day fishing is still better than the best day at work!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
Dutch - That was a funny post right there!  --099-780

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • trukey season next
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »
 ##$%#13  ##$%#15  and you all thought I was the crazy one here at TH

@--0--0102   ##$%#1118
turkey season near you sooning come on may 1

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 12:29:45 PM »
##$%#13  ##$%#15  and you all thought I was the crazy one here at TH

@--0--0102   ##$%#1118
Doesn't mean you're any less crazy Dave, just means that there's more than one of you!   ##$%#115
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »
Wish I could have been there.  I miss the comradery more than the fishing.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 08:24:29 AM »
I have not fished in year but sure sounds like fun!  Maybe I could catch one  @--0--0117 
Sure would like to try those knuckles.  Always willing to try some good eats.
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Jap51

• Button Buck
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 10:18:20 AM »
DH.... sorry I was not there to help with the SLACKERS...maybe next year I can make it and catch some fish and take some of the heavy lifting off your shoulders. Sure did miss you guys and all the good times and the knuckles. Hope everything goes well for your wife.
Butts County Sportsmen's Club Member
NWTF Member

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
Sounds like a great time!! I started laughing as soon as I starting reading the post so I don't know why you done all that splaining at the end  ;D yes I do but you should have too.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
A good time was had by all, plenty of good laughs and fun, I'm sure we will give it a go again next year. April on lake Erie is always unpredictable. That's always the fun part of it, trying to outguess the weatherman. Then you roll with the waves and hope for the best. If you can't have a good time with our TH friends, you are just a party pooper.  @--0--0118
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

New Page 3

Google Ad