New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: seeders  (Read 453 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: seeders
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »
it will be at least june before beans go in at my place. maybe 3 weeks around here
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 05:44:28 PM »
Just drug the cultivator through one of my plots this afternoon, ground didn't work too bad.  Need to do my homework tonight and figure out my plan for all the plots this year.  I'm thinking I'll sow chicory in the one I worked today, it had Powerplant in it last year.  Might shift gears though and do some clover.  Having the two-seed capability that you have on that rig would definitely be useful.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 10:34:25 AM »
Well I keep forgetting to take a picture of it, but I did get to use it a couple weeks ago to plant soybeans and hit some weak spots in my clover plots.  when you actually look at it and see it in person you can tell right away the thing is built like a tank and fairly compact which I like since there are some tight spots getting to one of my clover plots deep in the timber.  It worked quite well considering how wet the ground was when I planted my buddy's plots and mine, his were flat ground and mine is east sloping hill so mine was drier then his.  Got everything planted by saturday at 4 so everything has been in the ground a week and got basically 3 days of off and on rain from monday through wednesday.  now its heating up so conditions are perfect growing weather.  Will be excited to check out my stand but am thinking will be good.  seeded the beans at around 80 to 90 lbs per acre.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline yari

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 04:49:54 PM »
wow, i'm surprised you got it in as wet as it has been. good for you. this week should be prefect to get it started. send pics w/ the progress.

did you do ag beans or forage beans?

nice work
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »
wow, i'm surprised you got it in as wet as it has been. good for you. this week should be prefect to get it started. send pics w/ the progress.

nice work

I do ag beans. My neighbor works at a fertilizer seed plant and hes the main seed guy there so he gets me some free bags of last years plot seed that he cant sell and normally would just get thrown away, cant beat the price and then I can spray with roundup during the year to keep it clean.

Offline yari

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »

nice work

I do ag beans. My neighbor works at a fertilizer seed plant and hes the main seed guy there so he gets me some free bags of last years plot seed that he cant sell and normally would just get thrown away, cant beat the price and then I can spray with roundup during the year to keep it clean.

perfect. that's a win win. RR beans are nice

do you figure 50-60% germination on year old beans? i got some year old forage beans that were terrible last year. almost no germination. but, they were stored in a hot shed. i think that was the main problem. i think he cooked them

good luck
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »

nice work

perfect. that's a win win. RR beans are nice

do you figure 50-60% germination on year old beans? i got some year old forage beans that were terrible last year. almost no germination. but, they were stored in a hot shed. i think that was the main problem. i think he cooked them

good luck
they say the germ goes down on them after a year and maybe it does but last years bean plot looked like a good solid stand that any farmer would be happy to have in their field. not to say some didnt germinate but I would guess I still had a 90 to 95% germ.

Offline yari

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 10:57:21 AM »
wow, that a great germ rate for this years beans!

like i said, i think mine got baked last year
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad