New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Moving Back In  (Read 784 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Moving Back In
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
Well as most of you know, the floods got the gun room downstairs....finally we started reset the furniture last Thursday, 48 days after the floods (I did mention that Allstate did not cover a dime of the damage, because they considered it a flood, it has cost me 23K out of my pocket..ouch..and I am on a fixed income, that is enough of that, I could go on and on but I won't.....

When you start to unpack it is amazing all the "stuff" that you have packed or saved for that "Just In Case" moment. I have unpacked one of three area where I keep the bullets at and here is a picture of one of the three...think I need some more....I have too many bullets....no you can never have enough...LOL....but remember this is one of three.....The firearms in their safes will be back home probably Monday.....the safes were located off site at a self storage about 2 miles down the road...bullets are not in any order just what I could grab in my hands at the time.....

Today it was all about moving day, since it is Masters Day and it is traditionally Moving Saturdays at the Masters....I stopped unpacking about an hour ago for the day got to watch the Masters on TV, the only golf tournament that I watch on TV wire to wire....so slowly but surely we are getting back to normal....

Enjoy...
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Moving Back In
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:03:04 PM »
That is what I consider to be a life time supply if bullets
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »
So much for, you're in good hands with allstate. Sorry about your gun room and the rest of the house. Good supply of bullets for sure.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:59:34 PM »
hoarding bullets. good choice
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »
Gobi - I'm NOT in good hands with Allstate!!! After all this is over with will be changing Home and Auto Insurances companies, been with Allstate over 40 years and never filed a claim with them and this is how they treat me....well if they can play the numbers, so can I......

But remember that this picture is only about a 1/3 of the bullets that I have....and Yari - you are so right, you can never have enough bullets!!

Louie - I think I have two lifetimes of bullets....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 08:27:56 AM »
Lot of weight right there on that desk.  $23K...WOW!  Yep, I would definitely be moving my business elsewhere also.  Best of luck.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 09:40:59 AM »
Glad to hear things are starting to get back to normal (if there is such a thing). Good luck with your insurance company search!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
 --7-8-9   ##$%#13   ##$%#15  you are getting short on bullets better go get more   ##$%#1118
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »
My sister & her husband live just inside the levee with the Mississippi river on the other side.  We've had a couple of occasions in the last 20 years where we've had to go move them out in anticipation of a levee break.  Getting out his guns, ammo, and reloading supplies alone is a major ordeal - - He'll have a dozen people helping clear it all out but he and I are the only two that put it all back later, otherwise he can't figure out where anything is!
 --099-780

Hang in there Bo, good luck finishing it up and getting a new insurance provider sorted out too.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
WOW   sorry to hear about your troubles BO. I hope it all gets better soon.

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
Thanks for all the well wishes guys.....We are still waiting on the contractor to come here and put down one long bead of mortar color caulk in front of the fire place strip....and the after math of the water damage...so very value vinyl albums covers got water damage and the albums themselves seem to survived the damage...had to get about 50 albums out of their covers and check them out, there maybe one album itself that may have been damage....took all of those ~50 albums and looked at the grooves under the magnifying glass and to check out that they did not get warped. Have put most of the 50 (still have a few to go) on the turntable to check out to see if the stylus on the turntable will track and stay in the groves....so far so good....but as soon as the contractor come and finishes up the last bead of caulk then it will dry and then can I wire up the speakers. Before I had them all in one meaning I use the A/V Yamaha Receiver for everything both stereo and video. In the new set up will split the two one system for stereo (which means the FM Tuner (Yamaha TX-400), Turntable, Cassette Deck, DVD player hooked up to a old Stereo Yamaha AX-400....and the other side being the TV/Video Side with the Sony TV hooked to the New Yamaha RX-683 (soon to arrive). I am a big FM listener and the RX series does not have a good FM tuner so that is why i hooked up the old Yamaha AU400 Intergrated Amp and FX400 Tuner....

About 6 months ago, the was a problem with something in the system....the Cable would come in Viva Coax, head to the Converter Box then it would go to the Yamaha RX683 Receiver (to pick up the 5+1 speaker system) then onto the Sony TV....it was all working great until once I turned it off, the TV would not come on until it seems it was good and ready, from 15 minutes to an hour the system would not work....so during all this mess and once we started moving back in, now would be a good time to figure out what the problem was...was it the converter box, the Yamaha or the Sony or the HDMI cables themselves, it came down to the Yamaha Receiver....so it was time, it has served me faithfully for 15 years with no problems, so do I replace it with a new Yamaha or a Denon or a Onyko or Pioneer? it did boil down to the Yamaha and the Denon, my referece turntable that has two tone arms (moving coil and moving magnet) is a Denon and it also has been great....when I did the disco work, I used a PIoneer board for both the turntables and the Reel to Reel and the CD players.....

I am replace the Yamaha RX-681 with another Yamaha RX-V683BL Receiver...it does have a ton of more modern features on it than the old one does. I am familiar with the old and new features, (well, will learn about the new features when I play with it soon....as soon as I can get the contractor out here and get the new Yamaha here and installed, the sooner I can start wiring up the speakers....the Stereo will have the Original Tomas Holman's Advent Speakers (from the 70's) on Speakers A and on Speakers B will have the Rogers LS-5A book shelf speakers (another set of speakers from the late 70's), bought both pairs while in Atlanta many, many years ago....

Will mount the Advent speakers off the floor by using 2" furniture risers, they are made from heavy rubber so it should not affect the sound that much...

The gun safes (all three of them) will arrive this afternoon, have to leave very shortly and meet the team down at the storage building where I put them after the flood, but still have too much stuff, will build 3 more gun shelves to store the AR15 style rifles. One will hold then 338 Lapua and the 50 Cal Barrett and their supplies...the other will hold all the 22 LR and 22 Mag and 17 HMR and Mac 2...that may end up being a double layer not sure just yet...but will utilized all the space available that I can....will also have to get plenty of rubber backed rugs or mats to get into the gun room where the ammo cans with their steel corners might dig into the floor and scratch it.....am even thinking about putting the Zebra run on the wall or floor in front of the entertainment center...it is still in the box....

I think that will cover it all, it is day 55 of the since the flood and we are still recovering....it has been right at $20K out of my pocket, plus eating out almost everyday and sometimes twice. Countless times to Home Depot and Lowes and lord knows how many time Amazon orders have been ordered!! so it would run in the neighborhood or about 24k to 25k and still counting....

If the contractor does not show up this week I guess I will try and do it myself, I have the caulk gun and all I need to do is to pick up some gray or mortar color caulk at HD or Lowe's, then all I have to do is to finish up and take some pictures and update my files....and start enjoying life again which means start shooting and reloading again....

The above does not include the gun room activities which are another set of problems.....I have too much stuff...LOL...

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 03:23:40 PM »
like I sad, take it in tiny steps or you will go crazy. it sounds like you have the bulk of it under control. good luck
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
Good News - Today they finished the job....Yippie...Now the rough part, moving back in...for the last week, the wife and I have been focusing on the Entertainment Area of Downstairs, the Rec Room....During this time had been focusing on what goes where....Here is the set up, we have two tall shelves units that match, both are 30" x 16" with lighted shelves and glass shelving. In the middle is a 48" long cabinet, it is 24" deep. The way it is set up it is 48" that the TV sits on and on each side of the TV it is the shelving sort of like a big U shape....on the left hand side it will be the stereo and on the right side it will be the A/V section of the entertainment side...

We will let the caulk dry for a day or two before we finalize where the components are suppose to go.....have the left side wired up and ready to go with the Advent Speakers and the Rogers Speakers in place and have the A/V 5.1 speakers ready to be set. Only thing we are waiting on it the new Yamaha Receiver to arrive..should be here by Monday at the latest....

Wife is already hinting to get the Camry in where it belongs....so have been putting boxes and odds and ends in the gun room or on the other side of the garage in order to get the Camry inside...we all do things that our wives want us to do...a happy wife makes a happy life...or something like that.....

Probably within a couple of months I will be ready to go out to the range and start posting the range results again...hopefully..... 

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 09:32:20 AM »
Today is Day 57 since the big flood...will focus on the Garage so we can get the Camry back in it....will try and do that today....then will focus on the new molding and caulk to see if it is dry enough to start running speaker wires...will try and get the Stereo wiring run today.....

We had a heavy down pour for about an hour or so, I mean probably 3" per hour which adds plenty of water and weight to the gutter system, was out in it when it was pouring, had my umbrella and rain gear and my Muck Boots on just seeing if the new 6" gutters and downspouts was working, and glad to report that everything is still dry....check the walls downstairs and it was reading 13% and will check the walls today (and again tomorrow) for moisture content.....Got a couple of Ryobi Moisture meters (one for upstairs and one for downstairs) both work very well, but you got to keep the moisture pads clean and dry before measuring...they worked very well. Will take one down with me for the hunting camper just to see what it is reading down there...humm?

But one thing at a time, so far so good........

Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 03:16:38 PM »
there were some bad storms yesterday. glad you came out OK. it could be a tough weather year the way it started
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad