New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Moving Back In  (Read 868 times)

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Moving Back In
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 06:09:15 AM »
Bo nice to see things have come together. Now it would be nice if they could get the trail cams thief. It's time to hit the range again...happy shooting!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
Split Toe - It was bad enough to take my 8 Browning Trail Camera's but he took a handful of music CD's as well.....who in their right mind would take the "Ultimate Manilow" music CD. Now that makes me real mad!!! I am upset about that one!!

He grabbed about a dozen Music CD from the 80's & 90's and some Christmas Music....they were Barry While, Susan Boyle, Celine, The Best of Bread all of them have been replaced but the Barry Manilow really upsets me...LOL...but the New Age and Christmas music will not be replaced.....LOL

Thanks, I think there is still one box to go.! I think and tweaking all the time, moving this over here and that over there......

When we got home Wednesday after eating dinner at Shoney's there were 6 boxes neatly stacked on the front porch....

Early this morning around midnight I tried mounting a Vortex Viper 4-16X x 50mm (got it after I got the Leupold VX5 3-15 x 44mm and 30mm tube) and tried to put it on a old Custom Built with 26" Lilja Barrel, Borden Break, Jewel trigger, HS Precision Stock, built on a trued Remington Action, Talley Rings and Bases on it. This sucker should shoot very good! Tried for a few years to figure out what it like and I use the 160 to 175 and it did not like that round at all...very comfortable to shoot...so this time will try my 120, 130 and 140 grain bullets on it.....but had to ordered high Talley rings for it. So around 2 AM EST I ordered some high Talley Rings from Midway.

The reason why I sort of went away from Midway (instead of an ordered every other day, it has dropped to about one every four days or once a week.....but Midway was to add the proper amount of Sales Tax and here in TN you add about 10% to your order and for the Talley Rings for some strange reason, the final amount was within a dollar between Amazon and Midway....so I went with Midway on the order.....

Just got through turning out the lights in the gun room for today, been working in there since about 9 AM this morning....still have to donate some stuff.....but down to one full box of "stuff".....Will be back in there tomorrow.....     
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »
ultimate manilow- that is very taste specific. you should be able to narrow down the thieves to 3 or 4 people --099-780 --099-780 
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 05:27:07 PM »
Playing that Manilow album nonstop has been proven to chase all of the vermin out of the house, but at the same time most humans have to leave as well . . .
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2019, 06:11:26 AM »
This coming Sunday (June 2nd) it will be exactly 100 days since the 2019 epic rain and floods and on June 2nd will officially open the gun room for business, Bo's business!!!

Am plainning on heading to the range this Friday and start getting 6 or 7 rifles that I had to take the scopes off of just to clean them after the flood, the surface rust at the end  of the barrel that came from being in the Styrofoam case for all those days. The ones in the gun safes were ok, just cleaned them for the second time this year...they should be clean and ready for the range.....but will take about 6 rifles with me to the range...will make it a almost day of it, leave about noon and will be back around dark thirty...will stop and grab me a bit to eat from Bojangles drive through....

But I have taken lots of pictures (that I will not post) of the gun room (only Split Toe and Deer Head will see them), since the redesign of the room with its new floor, should have done this sooner, but there is a lot of new shelves with chrome wiring and plenty or wheels since the laminated floor is down, thanks to the Mrs. it was her idea to put most of the totes on pallets with wheels, this is a great idea....

I am more than ready to get back to a "normal" for me lifestyle.....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:18:46 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2019, 06:20:29 AM »
This coming Sunday (June 2nd) it will be exactly 100 days since the 2019 epic rain and floods and on June 2nd will officially open the gun room for business, Bo's business!!!

Am plainning on heading to the range this Friday and start getting 6 or 7 rifles that I had to take the scopes off of just to clean them after the flood, the surface rust at the end  of the barrel that came from being in the Styrofoam case for all those days. The ones in the gun safes were ok, just cleaned them for the second time this year...they should be clean and ready for the range.....but will take about 6 rifles with me to the range...will make it a almost day of it, leave about noon and will be back around dark thirty...will stop and grab me a bit to eat from Bojangles drive through....

But I have taken lots of pictures (that I will not post) of the gun room (only Split Toe and Deer Head will see them), since the redesign of the room with its new floor, should have done this sooner, but there is a lot of new shelves with chrome wiring and plenty or wheels since the laminated floor is down, thanks to the Mrs. it was her idea to put most of the totes on pallets with wheels, this is a great idea....Also got these small 10 rifle racks off of Amazon...they do serve a purpose. Got 4 - 7 rifle gun racks and two of the pictured gun rack....

I am more than ready to get back to a "normal" for me lifestyle.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
i like the corks in the ends of the guns. just make sure to remove before shooting -0078
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 02:52:14 PM »
Yari - They represent the number of shots down each barrel, I have a system that states that if there is a white golf tee in the barrel it is a clean barrel and black represents the barrel to be clean before I shoot it again, I have all sort of color tees that go from white, blues, greens, oranges, reds, purples, mediums color golf tees and then they get dark I need to clean the barrel. When I see the white tees, I will fire at least 3 fouling shot (10 minutes between shots for regular calibers and 20 minutes between magnum rounds)

I was showing the picture just to show ever body the 10 gun rack that you can get from Amazon and it come fully assembled....I have two of them and then 4 - 7 rifle each racks underneath the stairwell, had to put them somewhere......

Tomorrow is range day will do a trash run then head to the range. Will be taking my new to me 260 Savage-Shilen, the new Christensen Arms 6.5 PRC also a Cooper M52 in 280 AI will also take a Kimber 8400 Patrol rifle in 308 Win, that have some surface rust on the last 2" of barrel....and a couple of more, have not figure it out yet...still have a few that I still need to get on paper but they can wait till next week....if and that is a big if, the 6.5 PRC and the 280 AI can get on paper and groups good, then I will try them at 200 yards then in a few weeks take them to the 600 yard range and work my way up to 600 yards.....got to be good groups at 200 yards.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »
funny, I figured they were on the rack so you corked them to keep critters, dirt and dust out. I guess I didn't think it through enough or realize bo always has a system. well done
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »
I have notice over the past couple of weeks during the flood of Feb 2019, the guns that were in cases with foam-rubber in them all of the has surface rust on them, The guns that were in the safes were OK, and some of the gun cases that do contain foam-rubber were OK. Some surface rust was at the end of the barrel and others the rings had to be removed get the steel wool down and some break free and go to town on the rusted surface...Had to take some of the scopes off and with a couple of them the rings has plenty of rust on them...but once you removed the scope you have to go through all the steps in mounting the scope back onto the rifle the right way....but had to make more orange tags with the words "Bore Sighted Only" using the zip ties, and sticking them around the barrel, it getting pretty orange down there now with a least a dozen orange tags that needed to be clear with getting the rifle back sighted in.....

I know that foam-rubber and water don't mixed, just like alcohol and firearms don't mix....so just be ware not to leave your rifle in that type of case for a long period of time....but have been going through each and every firearm in the inventory and check for rusting caused by the flood.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
that's why i'm really liking the stainless guns i own.

i learned the hard way not to store them in cases. all mine are in the safe. humidity and cases don't mix
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2019, 10:14:22 PM »
Yep - Dad always preached that to me as a kid, and in recent years I've seen a couple of dreadful examples of people keeping guns in cases for years - almost made me cry to find a Winchester 42 all rusted up in a case after a family member passed a few years ago. 
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2019, 06:51:30 AM »
I put them in the cases after the floods and had them available along with the guns in their safes. Had to go in and secure the guns in the safes before moving them to a storage shed....telling everybody that they were empty but they were not.....used duct tape and bungy chords and ty wraps to secure them in the safe before moving them.....and the left over rifles put them in the foam rubber cases, thought that they would only be in them for a few weeks, turned out to be months....did use them this past week with no problems when I went to the range this past Tuesday....

Did put out a trade, since the theft like Barry Manilow, I offered some Micheal Buble CD's for the Browning GTC...LOL....that would be a funny.....

All of the stolen CD have been replaced and so has the Browning GTC with (5 of the same model BTC-4P) was lucky enough get them from one supplier...

Made it finally to the range for the first time this year last Tuesday.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »
so do you play barry manilow at the range to calm you nerves or to get the range to yourself?  @--0--0120 @--0--0120

NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad