New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Moving Back In  (Read 849 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Moving Back In
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »
Day 80 and I moved the car back into the garage...yippie! The Camry was smiling and started making funny noises...LOL...but today is a milestone sort of speak. I moved the car in and went to Northern and bought a couple of Dollies for the totes that contain the gun power. Had some of those 27 gallon Black with Yellow top totes that during the flood put the gun powder in something I can grab and not blow up the neighborhood during a fire...something I can grab and throw out in the yard.....it will be hard on the old back but think I can do it....put both totes of gunpowder on dollies that rolled underneath the tables...so easy and quick.....

Yes I donated 60's stereo equipment some HK tube amps and Sherwood tube receivers and some 80's Yamaha Integrated Amp and Tuner to make room for the totes and other small containers. Will have to get another steel shelves like shown in the picture below one more dolly and store the third of 4 totes on it.....so slowly but surely it looks like we are getting there...next trip to HD or Lowe's for the shelves and Northern for another dolly, that is where I got the two today from....If I put the 4th tote on a rug that slides, then I will be able to put another small totes on top of it and use it as well....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
looking like home again
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »
Maybe in a week, it will start to feel like home again...have sooo many projects in the pipeline....

Well, I got a major accomplishment completed today, got the Camry back in the garage, we have been using it's side of the garage as a lay down area....

But have discovered a downside to the flood, 7 of my Browning Game Trail Camera's are missing!! hopefully I will find them is some remote location, but I am down to a couple of area where my stuff is!! So far the Mrs. has been saying could they be here or there, and as the process continues and these areas are uncovered, there are no game trail camera's in those areas!!! It beginning to look like they are gone......along with 12 CD's, their covers are still in there but the CD's themselves are gone....the several hundred that I have left are all there.....you guys know what I am thinking about this....

Its either the ServPro guys, there were 6 guys over here in the 5 days they were here.  Or it could have been the Mexican Crew who was doing the roof of the house. They were here and gone in one day...several times I had to leave the area and could not watch them.

But besides the downside of this effort, it is going together rather well...slower than my wife wants its to. So she was surprised when I move the Camry back into the garage....we are waiting for a couple of more shelves before we can complete the move back into the gun room......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:15 AM »
i've been writing my name on all my cams in big black marker. i figure that might deter a few on the felons out there when they see it.

i saw some browning cams for cheap($65) at midway the other day. 'commander' i think. i use the more expensive 'strike force' but i'm "loaded" and not on a fixed income like you  --099-780 --099-780

i hope they turn up
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
Yari - Was in a Pawn Shop yesterday with an old friend and there was a couple of undercover cops there...they arrived as I was leaving, their cars were unmarked but they were in the uniforms....After saying my good-by's to the old friend, went back inside the Pawn Shop and talk to them and (the guy who sold me on a Christensen Arm 6.5 PRC (See firearms section about the Ridgeline 6.5 PRC) and the two officers gave me a non emergency number to call and report the 7 stolen game trail cameras, they said that they would take a report and would put me in contract with the pawn shop officer. Then the guy behind the counter told me that in most cases the hold the item(s) 21 days before releasing it because of the fact that they do get in a lot of stolen property....in so I called yesterday after noon when I got home a file a police report and gave them the serial numbers of the stolen Browning GT cameras....hopefully it will be in the future this guy who stole them will try and pawn one and now they have a name....I think it was the ServPro guys who stole them, they were in a Browning Soft bag and it had also a bunch of 1 GB cards in it as well.....

Have replace the 7 Browning with 4 new Browning GTC....Have gotten them set up and everything and have put them back in the same Browning Soft Cooler Bag as before....cannot wait to put them out for the season.....should be interesting.....

But have order more Chrome Wire Racks from Amazon and they should be here next Monday or Tuesday and that should be it....and now the tweaking begins.....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:19:06 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2019, 10:10:46 AM »
i hope they catch them. even more, I HOPE THEY PROSECUTE THEM. as i said before, not even a hand slap in WI when they broke into the cabin. made me sick
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 01:44:02 AM »
Even though it is past the 21 days that a typical pawn shop holds equipment up, maybe, just maybe one of them might show up at a pawn shop and this could lead to more arrest down the road.....that is the only reason why I am doing the report. My wife and I disagree on the person (or persons) that stole them....there was a lot of time that the guys were in the garage (that is where I saw the Browning Game Trail Camera bag last. It was turn upside down on top of a box and not where I always put it....At the time, I thought that it was strange place and orientation for the bag....but I had other bigger fish to fry.....also will be getting in those replace Audio CD's that were stolen as well....

Will be getting a 5th Browning GTC this coming Monday....just like the other four replacements....BTC-4P.....also a larger flashlight that the bigger rechargeable 18650 battery.

Should be almost through in the Gun Room this weekend, have a couple more shelves that will be here next week...small 8"D x 42"L that have two shelves. Cannot believe I have done this sooner!! like a life time ago, these shelves will let you lay things out in the open that you have forgotten that you had...it will still be a junk room with all the stuff that I have in it and I have too much stuff....my wife says that after I'm going to the great hunting club in the sky, all she is doing is to close the door for six months and never go into the room....that will be interesting...... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »
Hang 'em high Bo (the thiefs, and maybe the cameras too)
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
Had my honey-do this morning and my time was limited in the gun room today...I would say that one or two more days at the latest and I will be back in the game and will start talking to my shooting buddy, Billy and see when he might be interested in heading to the range.....

Have been getting the new to me Savage-Shilen 260 and the brand new Christensen Arms in 6.5 PRC files on the computer and getting the hard folders ready today, and now waiting for the Scope and Equipment in......Have been looking for my early 80's Tasco bore-sighter arbor box with all the arbors in them, have yet to find them but will order one tonight as a replacement - only have two more boxes to go before completely moved in......

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »
Finale Post of this...but after working late last night and early this morning I am 99% complete and am back in business!! After 87 days, will finally say that I am back in the saddle again...only one or two boxes left and most of contents are books and pictures....

It all started out with the big flood of late February 2019....it have rained and rained and rained.....but after getting in ServPro to help dry the basement out, then a new roof, oversize gutters and downspouts. Also repaired the Chimney and made an appointment today to pressure wash it and to do an drone inspection and will post the video if I can...The new floating water-proof laminate floor was next then the baseboards that ServPro destroyed in their drying out process...had to replace all baseboards at substantial cost. Ouch....

Today we got a estimate of redoing the driveway, the berm ditch and the curb in front of the house estimated.....and last week we got an estimate to replace out 3.5 tons with a new Heat/Pump (Generation 4) so I will be the guy on the street corner selling pencils with my glasses on and cane.....with an older home, it is always something.....

Thanks for all your comments and being patient during this ordeal, it really help to have you guys there......Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »
there always seems to be something. it just that your something all came at once. hopefully you are done w/ somethings for a long while
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2019, 06:31:14 AM »
Yari - Was checking my emails late last night and there was a message from UPS, so I check on the front porch and sure enough there were boxes every where!!! (And you guys wonder why I have Weyerhaeuser and GA Pacific stocks in my portfolio!! along with a few others, like HD and IBM). They make boxes for Amazon and others, so everything arrives to your door in a box!!

The last of the shelves arrived last night so I sat in the floor and put it together slowly this one was tricky...but now got to put the liners (they also arrived last night) and will have to cut and installed them on the shelving....

Bore sighted the new to me 260 Rem Shilen-Savage bolt action rifle after only 2 days after scope (Sig Sauer Whiskey 3) installation, check the torque on the Warne rings late yesterday and they were still at the 25 inch pounds from the day before so I went ahead and mounted to scope, usual wait for three days after mounting the scope before bore siting it, but felt good about the installation, made sure the cross-hairs were vertical with mother earth and the can't level was perfect perpendicular to the cross-hairs.....

The gun room is back up and running!! Yippie after almost 90 days after the big flood......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »
Glad to see that everything came together for you, even though you had to dip into a few extra penny rolls. every indication is that you got it all done the right way and hopefully you won't have the same issues in the future (sure to be) rain storms. Now get on back to the range and get in some well deserved therapy.  @--0--0123
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline yari

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:26 AM »
bo- i had Kapstone Paper for the same reason. they were bought out last year for a nice profit @--0--0118
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2019, 06:19:35 PM »
Yari - Maybe I need to buy a Kapstone Paper just for that reason alone!!!

I am pig in the mud now, with the gun room back up and running, see picture, it was taken this morning.....happy camper @--0--0118 (*&^&%# --09--0

Went ahead and bore sited the Savage-Shilen 260 Rem and did some reloading for it and the 6.5 PRC.....it will take a while like it did today and locating and finding where stuff suppose to be. Will tweak the locations of stuff that I will need to do as time goes by and should (hopefully) be at the range next week
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad