New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Moving Back In  (Read 428 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Moving Back In
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
Yea, Yari - Don't sleep that much anyway, but when we have storms and possible tornado's I do get nervous a bit...so I was up a lot last night and have fell asleep in the Chair downstairs with one of the Kimber 308's across my lap....it going to be a cool night here for East Tenn the next two night and should go to be and sleep very good tonight....

Met the guys with the truck and the hand lift early this morning, the safes were easy to move in and out, thank goodness for power tail gates! Had to take up the transition piece to get the two safe inside. Nail it back down again after the guys had left....open the safe's and letting them air out a bit, but they look OK and just a quick check of the Kimber 308 it look good and clean the Hawkeye bore scope show that there was no rust occurred during the flooding event...love those Golden Rod Dehumidifiers......

I have two much stuff.....Bo
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • trukey season next
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »
I am sure that some of us TH er would gladly take some of your stuff off your hands right guys    ##$%#1118
turkey season near you sooning come on may 1

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 06:08:20 AM »
I am sure that some of us TH er would gladly take some of your stuff off your hands right guys    ##$%#1118
Yes, but only because we want to help out a fellow TH-er.  No other reason than that of course.
 @--0--0118
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »
Day 60 after the flood. Got most of the "stuff" in the downstairs in it place. Had to figure out the new remote from the new Yamaha RX-683BL that arrived yesterday afternoon....but this receiver comes prepared for just about anything you want to through at it....it does have a much better FM tuner in it than the Yamaha that it replaced.

If you remembered that I installed 3" Panduit wire-way on the back of all three units, so tomorrow morning will get back there and dress up the back of the panels making sure that the wire are not showing and the wire-way covers and installed and start sliding the units back almost against the wall leave about a foot...then the Advent speakers will be next to set and the Rogers to sit on top of them and then the main speaker (Omni Mirage speakers) will be set in place, then and only then the last thing I will do is to start the YPAO microphone process to allow the speakers to be set automatically, did it once to check out all the speakers to make sure that every thing was right and that everything worked....

Then and I will start in the gun room, where a lot of stuff has to come out before going in to its final home....That will take a couple of weeks get things sort it out in that room and in their final place...need a room stretcher...LOL.....

Can't wait to get the Savage/Shilen out and start playing with it...

That is the latest....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 07:49:15 PM »
we will here from you in a month or so after you take an inventory of your guns, scope, rings..... @--0--0105

enjoy
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 03:20:35 AM »
Guys - Again, thanks for all the well wishes...my whole focus was to get the Entertainment area livable again....from the start I always wanted to get the rec room right. Last night we were going through all the stuff and will donate a bunch of it to Community Chest and another Charity service in the area....and putting on the final touches and the wife will be doing most of that....

Now onto the gun room, it will take me much longer to get it back to working order, I have not started it just yet.....but every day have been opening up the gun safes and cleaning them again in a temporary cleaning/inspection area that I sat up in the garage area....Thank goodness for all those golf tees that after they are cleaned I put a white golf tee in the barrel, except for the muzzle loaders and shotguns, where i put a cotton ball in the tip of the barrel....you got to remember that this is the second time I have cleaned these rifles this year. What I do is around Dec 1st will put an order in with Midway for all the cleaning supplies that will be needed come Jan 1st to start cleaning the rifles, so I had spent 4 weeks cleaning the rifles before the flood hit the area....I am handling the rifles a lot so far this year.....

Am trying to be careful not to be over clutter any areas, but will all the bullets, gun powder, brass, binoculars, paper targets and reloading manuals I have, trying to be more organized with it this year. That is where I stand on Day 62 since the big flood.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 04:22:16 AM »
Well now the work really starts...like you said you good too much stuff...nah your never have too much stuff. Time to get it done and hit the range!!!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 07:39:06 AM »
I agree with Splittoe, you need some relaxation time on the shooting bench. Remember "A clean gun is a happy gun" but it is more than likely a happier gun throwing lead downrange.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:25 AM »
Glad to report that the the rec room with has been finished, the contractor came by the house and finished up the job....so now it's time for the gun room, wow, have a ton of work to do in there...am fixing up the place (but not selling or throwing away of anything) have donate a lot of stuff this year and because of that have freed up some space for some of my "stacked" guns. The gun safes have XX number of guns in them and they cannot be stacked on top of one another, the extra rifles I have can and did get stacked against each other...now with this new space, I have put gun racks in place for 28 rifles and will put the stacked rifles in them.....that should free up more space in the gun room. The wife had a good suggestion, is to put certain totes on dollies so they can be rolled underneath the tables that I have in the gun room....but it will take another few months to get that in shaped so maybe by middle of the summer, can be at my second home (the range) again....

Attached is a picture of the new/old place with the new floor.....no pictures of the gun room will be published, some info you have to keep to yourself!!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:39 AM »
Very nice Bo!  Hope your water issues are addressed, we've got a lot of folks around us with soggy basements again in the last couple of days - need some warm sunny breezy days up here so the farmers can get out & do their thing too, it's just a sloppy mess right now.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2019, 10:40:48 AM »
looks nice. how many folks hit their heads on the mounts when they stand up? it looks like clearance may be an issue
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
Yari - Yes it's funny, I have a rather large blue wildebeest that he head sticks out and each time my wife and/or I bend over becuase of something near the floor has our attention, when we straighten back up we bumps our heads on it, there is a certain thud sounds when it happens so my wife and I will just laugh, and yell "Blue"

But these critters you see on the wall are OK we don't travel that much and they don't stick out much....so they are not in the way.....

Day 70 and got a lot done, still have a ton to go, but thanks to the flood, have cleaned out the under the stairs closet and put 4 - 7 gun rack in there, trying to keep my AR and shorter rifles in it along with the 50 cal and the 338 Lapua....all of the four gun cases and setting on 4" x 4"x 8" Long blocks. (see picture) Know this event will happen again am not taking any chances and also have ordered just today a small sump pump that will handle 1250 gpm and 1/16 of water....

So tomorrow will started putting together shelves to store more "stuff" that I own....maybe in a month I will be ready to head for the range......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
I have some deer mounts at the office. I call it my overflow for mount storage. when I go into my files, I hit my head if I forget. after a choice word or two, I smile a and say to the antlers " you got the last laugh". i'm sure the neighbors think i'm nuts

I like the storage pic. lots of toys
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 03:49:57 AM »
What I had planned was to get the rifles back into the racks no matter which way they appear. Will go into them later and sort them out, will put the Ruger No.1's together, the Weatherby's, the Rem Sendero's, the Cooper's together, that is my plan. So now with the picture showing the racks is sort just how they came out of storage, took each rifle I had and looked it over, got some surface rust on one of the Kimber Twins will have to sit down with some steel wool and some Rem Oil and buff it out...of all the rifles this is the only one that suffer any damage, and you can bet that this rifle will be one of the first ones to the range this summer....

All and all I am please with the way things are turning out, still had to double up on some of the rifles and had to go move the gun safes about 3 or 4 times in order to get the small custom built racks in the place that I built many years ago when I bought each safe, had to go into the space and set it up and then build a custom gun rack for those miscellaneous rifles that did not make the safe list...LOL...yea right the McWhorter, HCR, Shilen, Blaser R93, and other quality firearms did make the list and are currently locked up in the safes as we speak....will get them out today and clean them, one at a time to ensure that no they did not suffer any damage in moving the safes to an off site location....you can see that I did not get much sleep while the safes were out of the house...LOL...

It should take a while, today Saturday, I will spend most of the time in the gun room itself just trying to find a place for the reloaded ammo, the factory ammo, the brass and the bullets, primers and reloading dies to make them more accessible...should be a fun day....Today is Day 71 since the flood....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 07:58:09 PM »
Don't you just love Amazon....when I unload a box or two of stuff, I need a shelf to put it on...so these days been going up and up and buying more shelves.....just got through buying 2 - 14"x42" chrome with 2 shelves each, for the bullets, each shelf will take up to 800 lbs...LOL....

Day 77 - Steadily and surely moving back in.....one or two boxes at a time......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad