New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Rangefinders...  (Read 1753 times)

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Rangefinders...
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »
I bought a ATN 1000 when I bought my night sight , it interfaces with my SightII and also interfaces with a phone app that if you put in the ballistics it will tell you how many clicks up or down and if you give the wind the wordage .   ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 08:36:29 AM »
Sundowner - Have been studying ATN and Sig-Sauer and other optics for years now and no doubt that the technology is there for the long range shooter. That is the hottest growing market in the Shooting Industry. Heck a 1000 yard shot, almost everybody can do it today...with the Rifle, Optic and Ballistic improvements over the past 5 or so years, it is amazing what one can accomplished. If, and that would be a big if, If I lived in Denver and hunted out west, then this topic would be far different than it is today...I would be posting some Dutch like targets (although not as good) but would be posting some 1000 yard targets in my TH post....and we would be talking about the technology that is out there on the market today ....

What I tried to do last year was to find the best for the money binoculars for $200 and under....and was fortunate to find some $400 binoculars that were on sale for $199.99 and even found a pair of Zeiss Tera from Underamour delivery to my house for $172..so there are deals out there also found a pair of $400 pair of Leupold BX-3 delivered to my door for ~$207....now own 17 pairs of binoculars that will use only 4 or 5 pair of the 17 pair that I own....but at the time, they were better than the ones before them and before that pair and that one....

What I am trying to do for the RF is to find the best one for the money....sure it may not be waterproof or have the range inclination built in but for 200 yards and in (which is most shots) GA and the Southern States, your shot will not be that long, 200 yards in the woods is a long way, only lanes and clear cuts you might have a 200 or longer shot but those deer are on the move. It has been our experience with our land being clear cut that the deer will walk briskly across an opening...and if burned you have to worried about the twigs and small trees standing.....

The WoSports is my 7th rangefinder (still own 6 of them) that I have purchased...for $80 bucks....also own a Leica 900 that at the time it was new paid $500 for it and it was on sale!!! MSRP at the time was $699.99.....I will slow down and next RF that I buy will be either a Nikon or Leupold....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
Yes Bo I bought the ATN mainly for my digital scope but the app helps with my other scopes and was only $300 , I also have two Bushnells  . ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 05:44:42 AM »
Will be heading down to GA for the weekend and will take down with me the two range finders and compare them out there in the real woods, it will be raining off and on for the most part and see how they do with it raining??

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »
Now that we are decluttering the house in anticipation of selling it, I found the case for my Leupold RF. Now I have 2 cases since I ordered a replacement case way back when! --099-780
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 02:55:25 PM »
Guys - I stand corrected, both the Halo 600 and the Wosports do have eye adjustment for us blind folks.....was practicing and messing around with the Halo and one of the younger members said he had been using Halo (he forgot the model) for about 4 or 5 years now (everybody is younger than I am).....but the Halo did have an eyeball adjustment and it had an angle inclinator built-in....

I was focusing on a tree and the WoSports read 167.8 yard and the Halo must round it off and the Halo said it was 168 yards out there.........
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 03:29:37 PM »
I was searching for ladder stands yesterday and came across a halo 1000 w/ inclinator for $150. that's crazy
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 08:55:09 AM »
Yari - You are right that is crazy good price...where and when did you see it??
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 10:30:05 AM »
Yari - You are right that is crazy good price...where and when did you see it??

it was this weekend. i don't remember who had that price.

go to amazon.com. i see an 800 yard for $106. they must also have a 1000 for similar price
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad