New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Urban carry  (Read 134 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Urban carry
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Urban carry
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:09:12 PM »
Flint - I like that Sig Sauer Cooperhead that Sig unvailed at this year's Shot Show....Very Wicked!!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 02:43:51 PM »
What cal ? ##$%#1118 Ok 9mm  a little steep on the price though .
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:47:41 PM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
Sundowner - Yes, it does come only in 9mm right now, and I was shocked at the price...ouch!!! I would suspect that it would be for Law enforcement act and that a short 10" 223 that runs about half the price would be more my style.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:56:04 AM »
Forgot to mention that last year picked up a used High Point 9mm Semi-Auto. It is short and sweet.....High Point 995TS, the Carbine came with extra magazines with a couple of funny looking 20 rounder! Got a half dozen more and then late last year picked up a new High Point C9 Semi-auto pistol that takes the same magazines as the Carbine does! love that combination...both are 9mm

For the house defense do have a Mossberg 500 410 plus a couple of Judges and a Governor, ready just in case I do need them....plus a 20 gauge Mossberg 500 in the fun gun room that is ready also....Have taken this High Point 995TS to the range a couple of time and it is not a shooter for sure 50 yards at the most...put a Truglo red dot type sight on it and got it bore sighted at 20 to 25 yards then took it over to the 50 yard range and shot some 3 to 4 inch groups with it on sandbags, not the BoSledge, but just sandbags...shot the C9 much better...The Carbine and accessories ran me about $250 and with the extra magazines I got, it ran me closer to $300. The C9 pistol ran me about $180 and it came with an extra magazine, an 8 shot, but since the carbine took a 10 rounder, got 10 round magazines for both the Carbine and the C9 pistol....

At the range both shot well, no jams or hang-ups...the pistol like the 134 gn where the carbine like the 124 gn over the 134 and the 115 gn ammo...so I settle in on the 134 gn ammo that I now use in both....if anyone is looking for a inexpensive carbine for the house, the High Point 9mm is what I recommend, having said that, last year they came out with a 45 ACP and a 380 Auto in the Carbine....a 45ACP would be great for a single guy trying to protect his home and but the 45 ACP would be to much for a woman to handled....just my opinion.... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad