New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Lighted Nocks  (Read 402 times)

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
Lighted Nocks
« on: January 27, 2019, 07:46:19 AM »
Anyone shoot lighted nocks with your bolts? I shoot a Barnett Brotherhood with 20" Barnet Headhunter 20" bolts. Thinking of going with a lighted nock this coming year so I can see where my shot went. At 350 fps it's pretty hard to follow the bolt with my eyes. I'd like to have some indication of where the hit went so after he takes off, I can have some intel of when to start tracking. Any  recommendations?
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Online MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Re: Lighted Nocks
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »
I use Lumenocks. They work great.

Sometimes it takes a littlesanding to get them to fit right. You want them snug but not so much that you can't turn them off without the tool, which is essentially plastic pliers with rubber coated gripper end.

Conversly you don't want them too lose or they come on just from seating the arrow or getting bumped in the quiver/case.  They may also come out of turn themselves off when they hit something hard like the ground or a tree.  Did I say they work equally well for arrow recovery after the shot? :-D

I replaced the batteries in a couple this year; they are easy to maintain as long as they maintain their structural integrity.

My fastest bow is 350fps so I can attest to their performance up to that speed.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »
I don't use them. they will add some weight to the back of your arrow. if you do get them, definitely practice with them on your arrow. at short distance, it won't be a big factor but it will as you move farther out.

I have heard good things about lumenlocs that MI mentioned
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »
I got some and haven't used them yet but I lost a couple of bolts and heads at a cost of about 20 bucks a pop, I'll try these out to see if I can quit losing them ;D
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
I use them on both my X-bow and compound, really like them.  Lumenok was developed by a guy just west of me, got to meet him when he first got started.  I do like being able to follow the shot clearly to the target, and it definitely helps with locating the arrow afterwards.  Most of my shots are pretty short, so once I get out of the tree I can walk straight to the shaft & never have to guess where the deer was standing when I fired.  I have never had any issue with them coming loose on a shot.  My X-bow bolts are from Lumenok (can't remember whose bolts they use) so the fit is obviously set up correctly by them.  On my compound I use Beeman carbon shafts and simply bought the Lumenok sized to fit that ID.  Have used both for several years & haven't yet had to replace a battery.  I was concerned as Yari stated about the added weight on the back of the shafts, but at the 25 yard range that I shoot at (or less) I have not seen any shift in point of impact.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »
I use them. Some are a pain to turn off. Parker had the Capture nocks, lighted or not, that really were good to hold onto the string vs. other styles of nocks which could get the string misaligned.
Niw, Parker is gone and no one else has their style knocks @--0--0126
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project