New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Pressurized Water System for Remote Locations?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
Pressurized Water System for Remote Locations?
« on: December 28, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »
I no longer hunt at a nice Hunting Camp in Alabama that had a house and all the comforts of home including a pressurized water system for cleaning up after you're done cleaning a deer or for just cleaning up tools etc. The new place is in a Pine forest with no house, power or running water.

I'm hoping I can find free option for a large water tank (Open To Suggestions) otherwise Tractor Supply is my best option if I need to buy one. My biggest question is what is the best option for a 12V DC powered pump to provide pressurized water with a pressure switch so you can attach a normal garden hose and nozzle to it and get water when you open the nozzle and it shuts the pump off when you close the nozzle? So far through some online research the best option I've seen is the marine water pumps that include a pressure switch for things like the saltwater or freshwater wash down.

Keep in mind money is tight with Anthony in his final year of college so I'm looking for an affordable option that works, open to any and all ideas so throw them at me!

Air Force Veteran

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Pressurized Water System for Remote Locations?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
Put a tank on top of a tower, let gravity do its thing.  Of course, you will have to find a water source and how to refill the tank.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
I'm looking for something that will probably hold between 35 and 50 gallons of water like in the link below. Once I have it in place I'll refill it with smaller water tanks/jobs as I use the water. This won't be used for drinking water, just something to help when cleaning up deer guts and other dirty items at our little make shift camp site where we clean the deer and hang out when not hunting, it's a work in progress for sure!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/horizontal-leg-tank-35-gal?cm_vc=-10005
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:46:46 PM by Viking1204 »
Air Force Veteran

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »
This is the 12V dc pump I'm thinking about hooking up to the water tank.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL8QW0I/?coliid=INNIY766ALVKQ&colid=2HCAKGK6LEUBN&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Air Force Veteran

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »
Viking - Keep an eye on Craigslist & such for one of these 250 gallon totes (see link below).  They sell them used, I've seen them for $75.  You'll want one that was used for food products rather than chemicals of course.  A 12V RV water pump would be my suggestion to push the water down the pipe - they may be the same thing as the Marine pump you were looking at.  Last time I replaced my RV pump (has a built in pressure switch), I think I gave about $70 for it.

https://www.ntotank.com/275gallon-nto-white-reconditioned-ibc-tote-tank-x7738445?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItLPz0cjD3wIVhtdkCh12GgEtEAQYASABEgL88fD_BwE
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 07:13:15 AM »
Madgomer beat me to it.  I was thinking of that type of tote as well.  Put it on a stand or elevate it and let gravity do it thing as Louie said.

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye on Craigslist. I missed one on my local gun forum the other day, same tank was sold for $50!

Edit: Just looked on my local Craigslist and found them selling for $75 to $100. Will keep my eyes on it and pick one up when I have the cash!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:41:13 AM by Viking1204 »
Air Force Veteran

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »
Yeah Viking - there's a guy up north of me that is constantly selling them for $75.  I still have my old 300 gallon poly tank from when I had to haul water to the old house during droughts - it won't fit in my UTV so I pull it around on my trailer for watering trees.  If that thing ever fails I'll buy one of those totes & put it in the UTV.  Mine has 1100 pound rated capacity so I can get around 150 gallons in it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad