New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: A Bobcat Story..  (Read 550 times)

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
A Bobcat Story..
« on: December 26, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »
For the past month we have been watching a bobcat traverse our grass road that we use to go down to the lake.  We haven't given him much thought until we noticed him watching our small dog while playing ball with the wife.  Three days ago we decided to go deer hunting for one last doe.  We walked to the shop, grabbed our bows and got in the buggy to leave.  The wife realized she had left her release at the house so we drive to the house to get it.  As we enter through the gate the bobcat was in our yard looking for our dog!!! (We were gone no longer than 3 minutes).  At this point we say to each other, it is time to take out the bobcat.  Fast forward to yesterday (Christmas).  We decide to set up around noon at a location the bobcat could hear the squealer and see the whirlybird.  After five minutes I notice movement over my right shoulder in the brush, it was the bobcat!  After an additional 30 minutes she decides to make herself seen.  She was about 100 yards out and looking directly at the whirlybird.  I decided to take a quartering toward shot as I was afraid she would dart behind some more brush during her stalk.  The bullet from the
.22-250 found it's mark, but I did pull slightly.  We were relived that we had taken out the bobcat that was stalking our dog, well.......

Two hours later we went outside to play ball with the dog.  She started staring into the woods and then went back to get her balls.  To our amazement TWO bobcats come out onto the grass road.  By the time we get our guns, of course, they are gone.  Looks like we have more predator hunting to do.  Will keep everyone posted with the rest of the story....

TalkHunting Community

A Bobcat Story..
« on: December 26, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: A Bobcat Story..
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »
you must have a small dog? normally the cats around here avoid dogs

nice shooting
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
yes you need to keep the dog safe get them cats

##$%#1113
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:56:10 AM »
Nice shooting , always have to make it safe for your small pets .  --09--0 @--0--0111
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 03:35:12 PM »
Well done Ben!   But methinks that 22-250 is not very fur friendly!   --7-8-9
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 06:54:24 AM »
Nice cat keep after them. A full grown Bobcat can kill a deer so a small dog would be no problem.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »
We have a cat problem too. The bad thing about it is we can't shoot them (legally). They are protected. In fact they were put here by the DNR, for what purpose I couldn't guess.

Our turkey population and deer populations are falling and I know the bobcats are part the blame!!

Go get em Ben!
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
Good shooting, you need to keep those cats at bay. I know the dog will appreciate it along with all the other game animals on the property. Keep after them, good luck.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad