New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Parker Bows is shutting down.  (Read 528 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
Parker Bows is shutting down.
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
Got this email today, sad news.

Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.

Effective as of the date of this email (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018. 

Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused. 

As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements. 

Thank you,

Tom Woodworth

President

Parker Compound Bows, Inc.

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Parker Bows is shutting down.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:55:16 AM »
I got that email yesterday also, sure do hate to see local businesses close the doors.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:25:04 AM »
This is terrible. I don't own a Parker bow but I have some buddies who do and they are not happy about the news. It's a shame another local small business is going down.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
I did too...I don't own a Parker but I know they are quality crossbows...I have a Barnett
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 06:16:55 PM »
Parker makes good solid American made products. They're not flashy or cutting edge but they are solid and reliable.  Unfortunately in todays outdoor world if your product isnt the fastest, most tricked out, cutting edge one available you can't make it. 

I have a Parker compound and I lime it getter then the Hoyt I had prior.  My buddy has a older crossbow and it has been a workhorse for many years. .

I'm at the point in my life where reliability and warranty are more important than speed and gadgets.  The lifetime warranty on my bow now expires this month.   This saddens me not just because of one bow company, but the direction of outdoor equipment in general.

In the next year or so we will start seeing 500fps crossbows, that will change the landscape of bowhunting as we know it and hunting regulations will follow.   Where does it end?

NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 08:44:11 PM »
I hope someone will buy out the Parker shop and patents and bring the company and its employees back under a new name.
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:11:56 PM »
I hope someone will buy out the Parker shop and patents and bring the company and its employees back under a new name.

That would be nice, hopefully someone who will keep it made in the USA as well
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 06:49:06 AM »
That's a real shame. Not many American products made of anything anymore. Seems like if you don't have the gadgets and the unseemingly supply of money for marketing it doesn't fly. Larger companies usually buy the smaller ones to get them out of the way and they have the funds to put them into the hands of the major TV hunters where they get the publicity. Doesn't necessarily mean they are better than others, just that the spokesperson endorses it is enough to make them fly off the shelves. I hope another company does buy them and puts the employees back to work.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

New Page 3

Google Ad