New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: "51" point buck...  (Read 155 times)

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
"51" point buck...
« on: December 13, 2018, 06:52:10 PM »
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
Re: "51" point buck...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
really a unique rack. the balls of points at the end of the tines is very odd. i'd probably grab the harp on that one --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 07:17:42 PM »
Really a shame they didn't provide some better angles on that picture - would like to see what he looks like head on.  A nice one for sure.  On most big nontypicals it's a little tough to sort out the basic frame structure - that one is plainly a basic 8 or 10 point frame with a bunch of weirdness on it - would like to hear more about it.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »
It's a unique rack for sure, however I do see a bunch of nonscorable points that are under one inch. It appears someone is counting a bunch of nubs as points. Of course it's a poor picture of the rack to make that call. Definitely a wall hanger.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 08:41:32 AM »
definitely a wall hanger and a unique deer, but by no means a world record. I would still shoot though (*&^&%#
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 8 Point
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
Would definitely get the blood pumping!  I googled it to see more pictures and there are more pics.  Sounds like they are calling it a record for having the most points (51).  Also, he is posing with the deer along with three hunting products on a log for advertisement, LOL.  The article I read also told how to score a buck, but were grossly wrong.  They stated to take the circumference of the points instead of the main beams!

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 10:53:37 AM »
Yeah Ben - it's amazing how much pure garbage is out there on the web these days, any schmuck can write something and put it out there as if they're coming from a point of expertise - hard to believe how bad it has gotten.  I did a search & found that picture you were talking about with all of the products in it.  One of the articles talked about how he felt God was asking him to donate the meat to a local food pantry so he did that.  Sorry to be judgmental, but this guy sounds like an antler hunter just looking to cash in on his good fortune.  He took a nice buck for sure - - world record though is highly unlikely based on the other photos.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »
Wow - Wonder if the guy count, or try to count the points before he shot....had to been a shotgun at close range (within a 100 yards)....or wonder if the guy got buck fever before he shot?

Interesting this guy appeared story appeared on MSN web page and he has an NRA hat on....just wondering if that liberal site is trying to do here....sure they have an alternative motive.....

Still it is a very nice deer, I know I would have shot him and would have been still shaving over it.......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
Yeah Bo - being in Illinois during first weekend of firearm season pretty likely he was using a slug gun.  There are a few of us that hunt both firearm and muzzleloader season with a smokepole, but not many.  And the one picture I saw of him included a box of Hornady slugs next to him & the deer.
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad