New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: New Ground Blinds  (Read 305 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: New Ground Blinds
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
My ground blind cost me 6k, had to wait 6 months for delivery, and definitely not portable.  However, it will withstand heavy snow loads and heavy winds. Lol. It is perfectly located, killed 6 deer out of it in 3 yrs.  @--0--0118
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 05:44:12 PM »
Louie - send us a picture sometime, I assume you're talking about some sort of shed?

Have been considering putting a small building out behind the pond to store kayaks & stuff in, and of course with a window situated out the south side too for occasional viewing of the wildlife.   
 @--0--0120
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »
Sorry I am a bit slow in replying, been under the weather these last few days.  It's been dry and sunny around here for two weeks, most snow is gone.  I need snow!  Anyway, Roger here are the pics.  Yes, I'm talking about a shed.  It's a 12x20 raised garage.  Large enough for a car, but I use to store mowers during winter, snowblower during fall, some rough sawn oak, ladders, etc.  It does have two windows, one facing west, the other one east.  It's a big improvement over my old barn, that basically it was just good enough to keep stuff out of sight only.  Two levels, roof was gone, the floor was going, I screwed a 4x8 sheet of plywood to the rafters, just over where I sat.  it did offer some protection from the wind.  The 2nd pic is my view from the new building, which is roughly 10 yds farther east than the old barn.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2018, 04:51:40 PM »
now that's a blind louis. no wonder the chucks want to be there --099-780 --09--0
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:25 PM »
Yari, that pic was taken before I built a ramp.  Chucks seem to come from the woods on the north, crawl under the barn and sun themselves on the ramp.  Sometimes, they feed a little in the vicinity of the ramp.  First one I shot last year was on the ramp.  It is the first place I look for woodchucks.   I would love to have one of those Redneck hay bale blind.
NRA Life Member.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
Yari, that pic was taken before I built a ramp.  Chucks seem to come from the woods on the north, crawl under the barn and sun themselves on the ramp.  Sometimes, they feed a little in the vicinity of the ramp.  First one I shot last year was on the ramp.  It is the first place I look for woodchucks.   I would love to have one of those Redneck hay bale blind.

they are nice, but bulky. the fold-ups are tough to beat space wise
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
Louie - Man if I owned our land, that would be the first thing I would do it to put a blind/house like that for sure!!! A place for my ATV a heater, a nice lazyboy chair and a cooler...Man oh man....

Thanks for posting the pictures!!!
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »
Bo, I only own 4 acres, but the property that surrounds mine is 195 acres. I keep thinking I want to build an elevated blind, but the question that keeps coming back, is where to build it.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 09:10:41 PM »
Very nice Louie, that's along the lines of what I'd like to have back behind the pond.  I need something at least 14' long to get the longer kayaks in it.  Having a window or two facing the food plots would be great!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
Nice property!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157