New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: my season in a nutshell  (Read 600 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: my season in a nutshell
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »
I'll still try to get out with the Xbow and see if I can stick a nice buck, but that's starting to wind down here even though I have about a month left.  Starting to shift my focus to yotes - I have gotten far more pictures of them than deer on the 2 cameras here  at the house this fall.  Have the night vision scope on the rifle by the door right now, and the carcass of that doe I smoked last week staked about 120 yards behind the house, so sneak out on the deck every hour or so to take a peek with it.   Have deerburger left from last year besides the new meat, so don't really need more in the freezer.  Also, the local processor who has always accepted deer for the Sportsmen Against Hunger program lost his facility to a fire a couple of months ago, so I don't have a place in the county to donate any extras at this time.  Hopefully he's back in business next fall.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 08:30:21 PM »
I will go down trying. Nothing this past Saturday, Sunday a rain deluge. Going to take off Friday thru next Tuesday and try and squeeze in a backyard hunt around all the holiday suff.

Season ends in Feburary.

Amazing how all those years passed! I have great memories and  a chance to see if I can get a final buck. If not, does better beware!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »
Unfortanatly you will have them type of years. Hang in there. That buck will be bigger next fall.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »
Well it could have been better but it still wasn't bad right?? Next year will be better!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 08:56:48 AM »
I own approx 80 % of a Power line And I too and fed up with National Grids subs they hire for cleaning along the line.It seems they get paid on piece work and do not clean up their mess.They are supposed to cut into smaller pieces and move to the side but that never happens.Any complaints fall on deaf ears. Trespassers are another story.
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »
Zero deer for me so far this year, sure wish I had as bad of luck as you Hunt Master and only shot one average Buck and two Does  @--0--0105 All I've seen while on stand is  @--0--0108 At least we can hunt into February down here so there's still time!
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad