New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: hunt club IN GA  (Read 658 times)

Offline OLD FLORIDA GATOR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • OLD FLORIDA GATOR
hunt club IN GA
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:40:14 AM »
well didn't see anything  worth shooting, weather was foggy and rainy , did get my food plots planted , saw a few young bucks chasing,  my buddy got a nice ten point and gave me some meat for the freezer.  so it was a good trip    hope to hunt during the holidays  when school is out . 
QDMA, NRA, LIFE LONG DEER HUNTER, OLD DOG HUNTER.UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA ALUMNI.
DEER MANAGER   QDMA DEER STEWARD 1

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: hunt club IN GA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 09:16:30 AM »
Your luck was the same as mine....I was down in GA hunting, half way between Macon and Columbus and saw about 15 deer, for a few seconds each....nothing worth taking and will not shoot does until after the Christmas hunt.....

We have gotten two nice deer from the area, both had large bodies, Deerhead got a very nice 9 pointer and Metalman took a 7 pointer....another member took a smaller buck during opening weekend....every one keeps saying that the rut was going on from the 5th of Nov till the 15th, the deer cooler proved that!! man as the rut kick in the deer began to pile up and the taxidermy is with a quarter mile of the deer cooler so his wall was full of 2018 deer that they were in different stages of drying and finishing....they were some monsters.....

Will be heading down for the thanksgiving weekend hunt and then for the week between Christmas and New Years....planning on being back here in TN on the 1st of 2019....where did 2018 go??
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
meat in the freezer is always good. keep after 'em
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
Let me know if there is a club opening in 2019! Have my Ga Lifetime License needs to get some use!

Thanks
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • OLD FLORIDA GATOR
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:34:13 AM »
may be our last year in our club the are clear cutting all the pines in our area. left roads impassable   they don't give a darn about the hunt club.    they were nice enough to leaver our feeders alone as well as out stands.  got lots of trash in our roads and trails. did see some nice bucks on our feeders last month.  so everything in up in the air .  hoping for the best.   waiting to hear from our officers.   ##$%#117 ##$%#117 ##$%#117

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:52:53 PM »
Good luck! We lost our lease that backed into Paulding forest years back because some country singer bought the land for their McMansion @--0--0126
Remember the 343
9-11-01
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project

Offline treefarmer

• 7 Point
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
Old Florida Gator,
That clear cutting isn't as bad as it seems or at least we haven't experienced any real problems on our lease. We been through it all, thinning, clear cutting, chopping, bedding (elevated rows), planting.  The deer are still there, we just had to change tactics.  All phases of pine growth have their good points when it comes to deer hunting.  Our land owner, a big local timber company leaves our stands and feeders in place, the roads have not been adversely effected by any of the timber practices over the 20 plus years I've been in this lease.  I saw more deer after the clear cutting as the deer were browsing on the new natural growth, coming out early and late from the areas around the creeks and drains that were not chopped.  It might be good to hang on to the lease and possibly negotiate a reduced price due to the changes (changes that might work in your favor).
Just my 2 cents worth.
Treefarmer

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 06:30:02 AM »
Old Florida Gator,
That clear cutting isn't as bad as it seems or at least we haven't experienced any real problems on our lease. We been through it all, thinning, clear cutting, chopping, bedding (elevated rows), planting.  The deer are still there, we just had to change tactics.  All phases of pine growth have their good points when it comes to deer hunting.  Our land owner, a big local timber company leaves our stands and feeders in place, the roads have not been adversely effected by any of the timber practices over the 20 plus years I've been in this lease.  I saw more deer after the clear cutting as the deer were browsing on the new natural growth, coming out early and late from the areas around the creeks and drains that were not chopped.  It might be good to hang on to the lease and possibly negotiate a reduced price due to the changes (changes that might work in your favor).
Just my 2 cents worth.
Treefarmer

Totally Agree.
Most of our club is timber company and those clear cuts get all that new growth and drawn the deer in.  We just hate when they are cutting during deer season and we make those areas of limits for shooting.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 10:01:20 AM »
PJ- why do you make the clear cuts off limits? when that happened up here, i'd perch next to the clear cut and hunt
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 07:04:52 PM »
My late buddy had 3,000+ acres in Alabama. Each time clear cut was done 300-500 acres I believe he said he used the money to pay for his grandkids education, books, etc.
Remember the 343
9-11-01
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • OLD FLORIDA GATOR
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
thanks for the encouragement guys .  went up last month to refill feeders, roads still muddy and deeply rutted .   had a flat tire on my atv turned out to be a busted seal on the rim.  40 dollars to fix,  mostly labor .   no word on next year but we do have the lease for this coming season. they say they will do more logging just don't know when. hope it is all done before hunting season. amost turkey season here in fla.    still working crossing those school kids 15 years now. 

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:43 PM »
I am here iN SW Florida for a week to enjoy the new home we built. Had to drive for 1 hours slowly in a heavy snow to get to the airport. They expect up to a foot of additiinal snow tomorrow.

I sure picked a good week to get away!
Remember the 343
9-11-01
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • OLD FLORIDA GATOR
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »
spring break , and we went up to the lease    replanted a food plot with Pennington dual season seed.   hoping for some nice rain . did get .4 in day before we planted.  hope the turkeys and hogs will not bother it .   we put Vasaline Petroleium jelly on our feeder legs to stop the coons from stealing feed from the deer.  spring break traffic was a mess on the way up last Sunday on I 75 BUT WAS NOT A PROBLEM COMING HOME ON WED.   ALSO RESET OUR CAMERAS AND LOCATED MISSING STANDS AND FOOD PLOT SEALED OFF BY LOGGERS TRASH LEFT BEHIND.

Offline yari

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
I hope my loggers didn't leave a mess. I hope to get up next weekend to find out
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 06:28:29 PM »
How did it look? Pics?