New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Best Cover Scent  (Read 156 times)

Offline hoytman62

• Spike
Best Cover Scent
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
What cover scent do you have the best success with while walking to your stand?  Put it on the bottom of your boots and where else?     Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
Re: Best Cover Scent
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »
Dead Down Wind
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »
I wash my clothes w/ DDW, then put them in a scent free container w/ cedar or pine wafers. that's my cover scent

rubber boots for sure. only wear them when hunting. don't where them getting breakfast, gas...

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »
Rather than a cover scent I stick with a scent killer.  For about the last 10 years have been using a common homebrew recipe that you can find all over the internet (water, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and a little dish soap).  For many years I just used baking soda & water.  Have had a lot of success with that in terms of not being busted while on the stand or even walking over areas that deer came through behind me within minutes in some cases.  I keep it in a quart spray bottle and mist my boots, jacket, hat, gloves, and pants before I leave the truck and sometimes when I get back.  To Yari's point, my rubber boots are only used for hunting - I pull them on right before walking away from the truck to keep as much unnatural stink off of them as possible.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 05:33:58 PM »
Unless I am laying a scent trail with a scent drag, the best cover scent is no scent. I use HS Specialties unscented spray. Deer are used to no scent so anything else could be a red flag to them. Just something to consider.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")
Cumberland Bowhunters Club

New Page 3

Google Ad