New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Trying something new, Rub/Scrape rope  (Read 292 times)

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Trying something new, Rub/Scrape rope
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »
gene wensel was the guy. I guess i'm not that old @--0--0105
Yari, I still look back on Gene and Barry Wensel's classic book call "Hunting Rutting Whitetails". It is the very best whitetail hunting book I ever read. I think they were one of the first to create and develop the hanging tree stand and I cannot remember the name of it right now. I went to a local show and then made several myself. Those guys, in my opinion, helped to start the commercial aspect of white tail hunting in the USA. They were one of the very first to teach us about deer scents, cover scent philosophy, stand placement, etc. I still go back and read it even today and if my brother and sister TalkHunting members have not read it, you have missed out on what I consider the bible of deer hunting.
Foxhunter

i agree. they are the commercial guys and gals that are out there today w/ 1000's of acres
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: Trying something new, Rub/Scrape rope
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »
I would agree - the Wensel's were out there sharing what they had learned long before just about anyone else, without nearly as much of the sponsor hype & "fakeness" that you see so much of today.  They're still at it, here's their web site:

https://brothersofthebow.com/
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad