New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results for 10-04  (Read 185 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results for 10-04
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
Range Results for 10-4-2018

The Weather conditions first - Temp started out it was 90 F and Hum was 56% with the Baro Press at 30.10 and steady....there was little wind but when it did blow it was back to front and the mirage was nill at 100 yards and moderate at 200 yards. Time started was 12:30 PM early afternoon and went to 3:30 PM.....it was still hot and humid....felt more like middle of summer rather than first of Oct!!!

All 4 targets were shot at 100 yards and one shot at 200 yards....the 200 yard target was for the Savage 12FVSS in 270WSM it has a Leupold VX3 4.5-14X x 40mmAO...set on 10X.

First Target at 100 yards was for the CVA Accura 2 Muzzle Loader, 50 caliber, topped with a Bushnell DOA with BDC reticule, the 3-9X x 40mm scope was set on 7X  was using the Barnes 300 gn sabot using 65.22 gns of BH209 with a Win209 primer...first shot was right in there and the second I knew I had pull it will get only one shot in the stand or in the blind.....

The second targets is from the Colt-Cooper 308, it is topped with a Leupld VX6 2-12X set on 8X using the 168 gn Nosler BT with 41.15 Gns or RL-15 with a CCI-BR2 Primer....this rifle like the heavier gn bullet so next reload time will go with 175 gn and see what happens.....nice group today
The third target was the one and only 200 yard targets...it was with the Savage as describe above...the first shot was 1.25 inches to the right and then the second and third shot as way off about 3" to the right, so I did adjust it 6 clicks to the left...will see what this rifle will do next year, it will have to sit the season out  this year.....need to take it out of the Bo-Sledge and use the sand bags for it to really check out the accuracy of this rifle......should be a big difference....

The forth was from another 308 Win. This was sitting next to the F&N 308 "Stumpy" so I grabbed it...shot pretty good considering that I had left the clip/magazine at home!! Daaa, stupid me....but it shot OK. This rifle has a Meopta Artimus 1.5-6X x 40mm on it. This is the older steel tube Meopta which has now been replaced with the Aluminum tube...6X is not enough power to use for 100 yards, just guessing at the bulls-eye...still not a bad target.....

The final target of the day was  from "stumpy" it is a FHN Patrol Rifle it has a 16.5 inch long barrel with 12 twist in the barrel, this one has the Nikon Monarch Gold Plus scope on it, it is a 1.5-6X x 42mm, this too was set on 6X power..the bullet was the 155 gn Berger VLD with 43.72 gns of Viht 140 with the CCI-BR2 primer. This shot the best group of the day two shot almost in the same hole...
Found my dimes for three of the targets
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:49:52 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
Re: Range Results for 10-04
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »
See Attached Target and Pictures.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »
I can say Bo enough when the shots aren't in the bull they are grouped nice. I agree you pulled the second shot on the ML. The group from Stumpy is very great!  I guess you're ready for patrol duty?
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »
Blue - What I do is to shot a group and then evaluate it....over and over again...almost over think it.....then after I get home and getting ready to put the guns back in the safe will look at each target and make the necessary adjustments to the scope then will put them back in the safe
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
looks like a good last time out before the season. i'm sure you have your favorites already picked for the hunt
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »
I'd say your ready for the season...see you soon!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad