New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Thinking about getting...  (Read 164 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Thinking about getting...
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:07:50 AM »
I think I'm going to be in the market for sub kind of compact 20 banger... I think the Franchi Infinity subcompact 20 may be the deal I want. Anyone have any leads on a different type that is light to carry and won't crush your shoulder. It's purely going to be for Turkey hunting. My son wants one with a scope on it so I'll probably put a fastfire or a venom on it and hey, of course I'll have to use it while he is in school.  @--0--0105 
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Thinking about getting...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »
i bought my daughter a remington semi auto. it doesn't kick much
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
I love the Benelli semi auto 20's, they fit me very well (maybe not my wallet though).  Fit would be the first concern if you want your son to use it as well as yourself - I don't know how similar you guys are in stature, but go find a gun shop where you can try a bunch on for size and see what you both like.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 06:50:07 PM »
tough to beat a Benelli except the cost.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 07:49:56 AM »
Over 10 years ago, I wanted to replace my old Browning BPS and Mossberg 835 (Still have both of them today) but wanted to update my turkey shotgun selection....have gotten many Browning BPS for hunting like one for slug hunting, put a Hastings barrel that would handle 3" loads, another BPS for Dove shooting another one for Quail hunting this one is a short 20" barrel with an English Stock on it. My first BPS (at Oshman's in Atlanta) I use for Turkey hunting I put some Camo Tape on it. That Camo Tape stayed on that BPS for 20 years and when I pulled it off, the darn thing looked like it was brand new...but that was then and this is now....

I could have gone with Beretta but decided on Benelli because they had more options at the time, it came down to those top two!....I got the Super Black Eagle II and year later got the Super Nova...one a semi and the other one is a pump...one has 26" barrel and the Super Nova has a 24"....I set them up both with pistol grips stocks and same chokes (one is .670 (SBE) and the SN is .690...did this because of the barrel lengths.....Put Nikon Turkey Scopes on both of them. The both shotguns are completely camo down to the scope covers!

But I did look at all the shotguns out there at the time and the Mossberg, Beretta, Franchi, Stoeger, Remington, Winchester, Browning and even Charles Daily....when I settled on Benelli because of the cost and options available....it did take me about 6 months to do all the research and to eliminated them one at a time. I wanted to start off with a semi and then get a pump....the big game plan finally came together in Purchased of the Super Black Eagle in 2006 and a year later in 2007 with the Super Nova....

Take you time and go through the selection process...should you go with 12 or 20 gauge?? What is the main purpose for this Shotgun?? Should you get a shotgun that your son will grow into or one now?? You might want to use it yourself on turkey?? There are a ton of shotguns on the market, a lot of them are even listed here....go to the big box stores and hold them, shoulder them then go home and do your research on them and talked to your son, how much has he grown (and they grow up so fast) is the past year or two?? Let you son be part of the selection, let him ask the question and he will learn......These and other questions you will need to answer before you make your purchased.... -0078
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad