New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Spot Hogg CS  (Read 160 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Spot Hogg CS
« on: September 20, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
The week before opening day of GA archery season, my Spot Hogg Hog-it bow sight broke!  While adjusting the vertical micro adjustment the screw broke. All I needed to do was move my point of impact up and to the right two inches.  I put the Spot Hogg  “Lift Time” warranty to the test! I called and received an RMA.  I sent it to them in Oregon.  They promised same day turnaround and they know hunting season was starting soon.  But that still was not going to make my opening day.  Luckily I had another sight.  It is not as good as the Spot Hogg but it will do for one weekend. 

I took off the Spot Hogg, boxed it up and shipped it to Oregon.  Then installed the old Bone Collector sight.  To my amazement it was hitting dead on!  I did not have to adjust anything.  Even out to 40 yds it was grouping well.

Opening weekend in GA was super hot.  I hunted Saturday morning and did not see anything.  We chose to shoot a few dove instead deer hunt.  Thanks Cobbguy for loaning me a shotgun.  It was a lot of fun.  Wednesday the sight arrived.  It looked like a brand new sight.  I shot two arrows at ten yds.  They hit way low at six O’clock. I remounted the sight.  Shot two more at ten yds.  Now we are in the ball park.  Made adjustments with the micro adjustment elevation screw.  Then shot two more arrows and hit the bulls eye.  Stepped back and twenty yds.  The arrows were right where I was aiming.  Then to 30yds, then to 40yds. 

I will recheck all screws to make sure they are secure before shooting again.  Hopefully the next excitement I get with this bow will be a buck in front of me at close range.  When you bow hunt it never fails there is always something requiring maintenance.  Thanks again to Spot Hogg CS

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Re: Spot Hogg CS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
Always good to hear about good customer service thanks. I agree shooting Dove when it's hot is way more fun than waiting on a deer!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Online yari

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
good to know. i shot a copper john sight and have been happy. you are right though, if it can go wrong it will. that's why i keep it as simple as possible

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Yep, simple for sure, and then with a backup plan as well.  Glad to hear you're back in business with your preferred setup.  How long have you been shooting the Hogg?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 06:18:42 AM »
Glad to hear your back in business...now you just need that opportunity! Nice to hear about some good customer service these days.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 12:05:33 PM »
For years I bought the cheep stuff and it kept breaking.  I would just toss it in the trash and buy new.  Today I pay more for quality and I do not have to throw it away.  It last a very long time.  If something happens (like this time) the manufacture stands behind their product.  Its worth the money to buy quality!  That is if you can afford it.  That's why I like Leupold, Underarmor, Ford, Canon, Made in China,  --099-780
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

New Page 3

Google Ad