New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results for Thursday 9-6-2018  (Read 254 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results for Thursday 9-6-2018
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:29:18 PM »
Let me start off by saying that storms were in the area and more than once I started to call it off, but did not...it was an OK day, not good, not bad. It has been about 6 weeks due to health issues that I could not make it, feeling much better now and will try to go to the range every week...need to reload some....

These were all 100 yard rifles except for the 280 Rem, had a couple 308's with me and 50 caliber Muzzle loader and one 7X57mm (Mauser)....because of the weather, all distances were 100 yards this trip....Had some Yellow thick targets (Card Stock thickness) and a couple or bright red dots, for some strange reason they don't show up bright when you scan the targets in.....

The Muzzle Loader was the first one that was shot. It shot very good, see target (Accura #18). Need to clean it, take it one more time to the range and see how it does and go from there. Hopefully just clean it and it will be ready for the ML season!!

The next rifle I shot was my "Go-To" rifle - if it rains or shines, can take it down with two Allen wrenches, simple...need to clean it up, the stock has some dirt/mud on it but will do a couple of clicks down the it will be ready...see target (Rem LTR #83). The shots were quick probably no more than 3 minutes total, one short per minute....but will tomorrow sit down with it give it a good talking to and adjust down the scope 2 clicks and get the butt stock area a good cleaning.....it is showing its age....but it goes down with me on every hunting trip to GA....

Next shot the Coopers, both the 7x57 and the 280 Rem shot very good and consistence...don't know why I shot the 280 Rem 5 times, but it is a good target, this was from a very clean barrel, the first shot should have been the fouling shot, actually the first 3 should have been fouling shots, but it did shoot very good as did the Cooper M52 7x57mm, this was also a clean barrel with no fouling shots, but will take these rifles (all of them) again to the range one more times to make sure that they are still on....the two targets are attached....   

What is not attached is the Kimber 8400 #1 that I shot along side the rest of rifles, will attached it later...but it too shot very well...enjoy as I did today...am tired and ready to head to the bed....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
Re: Range Results for Thursday 9-6-2018
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »
Here are some other pictures from the range, including the Kimber 8400 #1, target #23, 3 shots at 100 yards, not a bad day.....

Also there are pictures of the CVA Accura ML and the Remington 308 LTR and the Cooper M52 in 280 Rem, the stock is beautiful on this rifle and the picture does not do it justice....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »
Finally the rest of the pictures or the rifles.....enjoy....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »
Looks like a few minor adjustments and you will be ready to go for deer season. Good shooting Bo. Thanks for sharing.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »
Looking good on they rifles Bo.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »
Practice practice practice . . . And then some more practice  @--0--0133
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 01:15:11 AM »
Gut - Got up Friday morning and unloaded the truck...with each rifle, before putting it up, got my targets I show on Thursday afternoon and did some adjusting a bit or two....I want to have all my rifles to shoot - 1 inch high at 100 yards, that is my goal for all my rifles. having said that I adjusted the Remington Model 700 LTR in 308, adjusted it 1 click down on the Leupold VX-R scope....With the Cooper M52 in 7x57 with the Zeiss 1.8 to 5.5X scope, adjust it up two clicks up and for the Accura 2 Muzzle Loader with the Nikon 3-9X ML scope with the BDC reticule made a one click down adjustment.

Did run a dry (only) patch through the ALL 5 barrels. Cleaned the Accura 2 ML yesterday....it cleans up so easy, taking the breech plug out and cleaning it took the most time during the cleaning process.....put them all up and did some reloading yesterday afternoon for other rifles that I have.....and looking through the new Nikon Prostaff 3S binoculars for about 15 minutes each time I tested them. Four times total in the past 2 days....so I have only spent an hour with the new binos...

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2018 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 05:16:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Looks like you will be ready for the hunt. Best of luck to you.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 04:47:45 PM »
you are right there. nice looking set-ups
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 05:53:53 AM »
Looking good Bo...about time for game on!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad