New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Fall from tree stand  (Read 412 times)

Online Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Fall from tree stand
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
He will be really lucky if he makes through this fall in good condition .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
wow. I hope he's OK. that's a long time to be hanging upside down
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
A friend fell off a tree stand and I don't know the exact circumstances, but he did break some vertrebrae.  He is ok now, but will no longer hunt out of a tree stand.  In fact, he has asked me to help him build a ground blind.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 08:47:34 PM »
wow. I hope he's OK. that's a long time to be hanging upside down
He was hanging upside down for 2 days .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
Fella's remember to let someone know where  you hunt and when to exspect you back home. Hanging upside down for two days like that would kill most hunters!! ##$%#1119
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
Wow hope he gets better. 2 days!!! Lucky he was still alive when they  got to him.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 05:32:24 AM »
Wow that's along time to hang upside down...hope things turn out well for him!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 06:26:19 AM »
That's amazing, most folks don't last more than several hours. I sure hope he recovers from this.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:30 AM »
I agree with buckone1, let people know where you will be hunting and when you are expected to return.

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »
Wonder how it happened? We can never be too careful but bottom line, make sure you wear a harness and safety line and use it correctly. I feel for this guy and his family. Something we love so much can turn horrible in a second. Hope he fully recovers.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline OLD FLORIDA GATOR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • OLD FLORIDA GATOR
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
I fell 14 ft straight down flat on my back still going to chiro for adjustments .    an old metal treestand I was trying to relocate broke in half after I walked up to the top to tie it off , I just was lucky ptl  I didn't land on the broken part of the stand instead I hit the GA  clay flat on my back.  I dislocated my pelvis messed up my back and neck spent many sessions and adjustments getting back in line.      PRAISE THE LORD GOD ABOVE  I CAN STILL HUNT .    so now I always use the HUNTER SAFETY SYSTEM WHEN I CLIMB  I ALSO WILL HUNTING ON THE GROUND IN A GOOD BLIND THIS YEAR.               MAY GOD BLESS AND HELP ALL YOU HUNTER IN THE CAROLINAS    LOOKOUT FOR FLORENCE   @--0--0131 @--0--0131 @--0--0131

BEST WISHES FROM THE OLD FLOROIDA GATOR        GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN 
QDMA, NRA, LIFE LONG DEER HUNTER, OLD DOG HUNTER.UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA ALUMNI.
DEER MANAGER   QDMA DEER STEWARD 1

Online Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »
I hope they did get out. My FD Chief’s son is a FF with N. Charlston FD. He has to work it.

I offered my old neighbors from my GA days to drive 8 hours from Summerville SC to my new home in FL. They said they will ride it out. No contact from then so I hope they are OK.

I saw how the waves breached the dunes in TV. Very scary. The big flood is yet to come.

Some of my buddies  were in the news, They went to FL for Irma. I was on the Katrina detail. I was a swift water responder. It aint easy.

News article:

New Jersey Search and Rescue Team Deployed to Carolinas

West Trenton, N.J. – Colonel Patrick Callahan, of the New Jersey State Police, announced the deployment of 80 members of New Jersey Task Force 1 to assist with search and rescue operations as Hurricane Florence moves towards the Carolinas.

The highly trained team, comprised of police, fire, and emergency medical personnel, was deployed from New Jersey Task Force 1 headquarters in Wall Township late last night. The task force members are skilled in a variety of search and rescue operations including swift-water rescue, which will allow them to conduct rescue operations in a flooded areas. All costs associated with the deployment will be fully reimbursed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

"The team being deployed to North Carolina represents a significant portion of the overall task force, but a larger portion of the group and equipment will remain in New Jersey ready to respond to any potential emergency at home," said Colonel Patrick Callahan. "And although the impact of Hurricane Florence remains uncertain, what is certain is that the highly-trained men and women of New Jersey Task Force 1 will be in place ready to assist those in need."

New Jersey Task Force 1 is managed by the New Jersey State Police and the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management and has members from all 21 New Jersey counties. The task force is designated by FEMA as 1 of only 28 nationally recognized urban search and rescue teams in the country. This designation means that New Jersey Task Force 1 has the capabilities to respond to a disaster anywhere within the United States.

Since receiving this designation in 2016, the task force has deployed to Hurricanes Matthew, Harvey, and Irma as well as local emergencies throughout the state. As Colonel Callahan was on hand to brief the task force before their deployment and wish them well, he also thanked the 25 members currently deploying on the Hurricane Florence mission who, 17 years ago today, also answered the call to deploy to Ground Zero in the immediate aftermath of the September 11th Attacks.

Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital